• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

M: Marquee and Hand tool snapping to corners.

Participant ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone.

Just to get this out of the way: I'm running Windows 10 (everything up to date), Photoshop CC 21.1.1, and an Ugee tablet (think poor-man's Cintiq).

When I launch photoshop to draw, things work fine for a while, but after about 20 mintes, when I use the hand tool (space, H, or by clicking on the tool) to move to another portion of the artwork, it starts snapping to the upper left. I could try dragging down, and it's even more up and left. If I keep trying to use the hand tool to move my view of the canvas, it ends up looking like this:

Photoshop Snapping.PNG

I've already tried turning on-and-off various swiping, scrolling, and overscrolling settings.

If I re-start the program, it works fine...for about 20 minutes, and then we're back to funky snapping. 

I noticed other hand-tool errors were solved with the update, but like I said, this version of Photoshop is as up-to-date as possible. I've updated pretty much everything on my computer.

Is there something I'm missing? Anyone else struggling with this glitch?

[Moderator note: PS-49375]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Since I work on a Mac, I am not sure how to solve this issue on Windows. There have been similar problems with the Mac OS and this issue too and it has been an incompatibility with the latest version of PS and Catalina. Have you upgraded your system software lately? Do you have an older version of PS installed that you can test and see if you are having the same issue?

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same exact issue, also when I use the eye dropper tool in aonther PS window, it selects the color and then gives me the same tone in grey. Very Frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, did you update to 21.1.3? which tablet and brand, using windows ink or Wintab?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Started about a month ago, fwiw. Current version is 21.1.2, Windows 10 Enterprise, version 1903, using a Cintiq Pro 24 inch (though bug seems screen agnostic). Similar conditions to OP, with the issue starting after about 30 mins of working (maybe related to number of history states?), and reverting to proper function on restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Added behavior: The marquee tool will snap from the point of origin to the lower right corner of the document, regardless of the actual dragged selection.

Video of bug in action here:

https://vimeo.com/410006137

This is "PhotoshopSnappingBug" by Matthew Hansen on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same issue, almost exact same setup (Cintiq, etc). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, are you using Windows Ink or Wintab?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay in response, just seeing this! I do not have the Wintab driver installed, nor do I have Ink active; should I? I'm not familar with the Wintab driver, and have Ink disabled due to other bugs it introduces (so I would rather not enable it). For reference, I am on 21.1.3 now, and still getting the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue with a similar set-up (cintiq, photoshop 21.1.2).  Has anyone figured anything out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing the same issue: Hand tool causes the whole canvas to snap up into the corner (mines the upper-righthand corner). It happens when I use spacebar, h, manually select the tool, use the hotkeys programed into my wacom EK controller,  and in every photoshop screen mode. Just noticed it in the last week or so. Restarting PS or my computer temporarily fixes it.

PS version 21.1.1 20200312.r.121

Windows 10 pro v.1909 update 18363.815

Cintiq Pro 24 (non touch) as primary

Geforce Game Reay Driver 445.87

blah blah blah really beefy computer with a ton of perf overhead 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, did you update to 21.1.3? which tablet driver version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heyo, Ive updated all my Adobe products to the latest and also updated my wacom drivers to 6.3.39-1

Havent seen the issue pop up again, but it was pretty random when it did. I will pop back to this thread if I notice it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anyone solve this yet? 

I'm having the same problems and I have to restart PS every now and then. My photoshop is up to date and I'm using wacom intuos art pen and touch tablet (been using this for 3 years almost), and I'm working on my laptop (Lenovo Legion Y530-81FV008VFR). Hope this can be fix soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with Photoshop version 21.1.3 and Windows 10 pro 64 bit.  I have to exit and come back in to solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, using which tablet? and which tablet version? this issue is supposed to be fixed in 21.1.2: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/known-issues.html#painting-brush

If you still experience it, please post a thread that mentions top left and 21.1.3 in its title on the https://feedback.photoshop.com site, watched by Adobe staff. Make sure to provide as many relevant details as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using:

Photoshop ver 21.1.3

Wacom Intuos Pro 2017 driver version 6.3.39-1

Windows 10 64 bit all latest updates.

The problem is still alive and well but in my case very intermittent.  I can fix it temporarily by exiting Photoshop and coming back in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, are you using Wintab or Windows Ink?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows Ink.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case this is also happening with my mouse.  The tablet is connected but I was not using it at the time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have more than one monitor?  If yes, how are they arranged?  For example is primary on top or bottom, left or right?  I'm wondering if coordinates are getting messed up/confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have three monitors side by side and I am very dependent on them.  Primary is in the middle.  I hope the answer is not to turn them off when using PS.  If this is the problem is there a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha, no, turning them off would not be an acceptable workaround.  The reason I asked is so that we can try to reproduce in-house. Once we can do that, we can fix it.  Thank you for replying with that info - it's very helpful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this exact problem too. I have Windows 10, latest version of PS. When I open a file, I'll be able to move around the canvas just fine but randomly I'll move around and it'll snap to off to the side of the canvas and not let me move from there. The navigator box lets me move around but I'd rather figure out how to fix this bug than have to move the canvas only with that box. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, is it on  21.1.3? using wintab, or windows ink? which tablet and driver version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines