M: Photoshop 21.1.3 freezes when using Adjustments on macOS (Rulers enabled)

Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I thought that the problem when using intensity/contrast in adjustments (it is extremly slow to the point I think the computer freezes) was solved by restoring preferences and restoring warning messages, but as it turns out the problem is still there! Turning of the graphic card processor helps maybe a little (one or two times) but then there are other issues such as I can't use the filter "lightning effects". The problem is there wether I work on a big or small file. The only thing I can upgrade on the computer is to the OS Catalina.

Computer :  OS Mojave 10.14.6, iMac (Retina 5K, 27, 2019), processor Intel Core i9, 32 GB DDR4 Ram, 

Radeon Pro 580X 8GB.

Please need help!

/Jan

{Moderator note: PS-48654

Thread title edited}

Correct answer by RWSwink | Community Beginner
ADOBE released an upgrade today that fixed this problem. I tested it and it works fine.
TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 20, 2020 16
147 Replies 147
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, disabling rulers stopped Hue/sat crashing on me (OS 10.15.5).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 12, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I need help, I cannot install creative cloud, it says error 0xc000012f

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a fix for this yet? I need both rulers and hue/sat at all times. Why is this still going on??

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 14, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay i'm glad i'm not the only one! i've lost so much work because of this bug. first it was just brightness/contrast. then hue/saturation did it too. nightmare. i work with a lot of digital collage so this has been a MAJOR f'ing problem for me. a couple of times a recovered PSD was available, but definitely not every time. really rough.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 15, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are happy to announce the release of  Photoshop 21.2.

This update includes the fix for Photoshop 21.1.3: Hue Saturation dialog not responsive

Here's a list of fixed issues in this release: Bug fixes

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.

Regards,
Mohit

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 16, 2020 0