• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 22.0.1: Disk Error when trying to import Skies

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive loaded a bunch of skies into the new sky replace ment tool ( yes 1 at a time)
I started a test file with 14 skies, i then clicked on the 14 skies and chose the export selected skies option i have saved the *.sky file (sun-left.SKY) and saved it along side the jpegs named in a folder called sun-left i then copied this folder (skies inclusive)to a memory stick and then onto my macbook it wont import giving the error "could not complete your request because of a disk error"
Si i went back to my pc and remvoed the created test batch and then tried to re load ( via import skies feature) from its exported location and get the same error, there must be a way t oexport your skies to use on another device or simply to back up your library?

any one managed this sucessfully and what was your trick?

Also batch importing skies from a folder rather than one at a time?

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Hi there,

We are happy to announce the release of Photoshop 22.3 that should resolve this issue.

This update includes fixes to some of the top customer reported issues among other bug fixes. See Bug fixes and security updates

To update Photoshop to 22.3, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. See: More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add a batch import for this.  I have over 400 sky files, and I don't wan to do this individually for all of them.  This should be a quick update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sane here. 150 sky added and exported and no other computer cannopen it. All reported "disk error"   Recent update didn't fix anything (as usial) 

and yes no batch import. I get its a new tool, but for crying out loud bach export and import should be tested and added first thing. It's so abviuus even Adobe xan get that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have the same problem. Any updates? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Could not complete your request because of a disk error" - this comes up when I try to import previously exported *.sky from the same Photoshop version 22.1.1.

This is true for two previous updates.

I have a number of posts about this issue

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/importing-a-sky-file/m-p/11538575?search-action-id=14218929...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/sky-replacement-error/m-p/11668429?search-action-id=1421892...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/sky-replacement-error-message/m-p/11683232?search-action-id...

Is this going to be resolved anytime soon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Only one of the links you posted relates to the issue you have, bug reports can be posted on the Adobe Feedback Forum which is monitored by Adobe engineers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open the sky replacement dialogue, I get, "could not complete your request because the file was not found". 

I click ok and then close and am asked if i want to save changes for some reason as I don't think i made any. 

do I have to delete all the preset skys? and then load my own or???

thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I very rarely use Photoshop, I do almost all my editing in Lightroom. But I was curious about the sky replacement so I opened a jpeg to try it. As soon as I selected Edit> sky replacement the pop up window for it appeared but almost immediately another one came up with: 

"Could not complete your request because the ICC profile is invalid."

Not being a PS user I have no idea what this means. Can anyone assist please? Thanks

(Using MacOS Catalina 10.15.7 on a 2017 iMac and latest PS)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Edit/Assign Profile and choose a different color profile.

If it's RGB, try Adobe RGB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kevin,

Thank you, that worked! (It was set to an Apple profile)

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are happy to announce the release of Photoshop 22.3 that should resolve this issue.

This update includes fixes to some of the top customer reported issues among other bug fixes. See Bug fixes and security updates

To update Photoshop to 22.3, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. See: More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This still hasn't fixed for me. I've updated to the most current version and gone back to default preferences and still get the 'File Cound Not Be Found' error message. Please can anybody help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same error message and cannot find a fix for it either. I have the most current update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too - is there any word from Adobe here? Would be great to get fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Akash Sharma any word on a fix? We are still experiencing the same issue. Latest update has been downloaded, I keep getting the same error msg when I try and use the sky replacement feature. What good is having a new feature if it's useless?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi I'm using 

Adobe Photoshop Version: 22.5.0 20210809.r.384 ce617de  x64

Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit

Sky replacement opens and says can't complete because program error.

Please can you give me some advice how to fix?

Thanks

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines