• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fixed: Photoshop 22.0 not opening JPG's Could not open jpg because the file was not found

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I just ran all the latest Photoshop updates, but at the end of the upgrade, it said the update was not compatible with my old macbook pro. And now Photoshop is not working right. I keep trying to open a JPG and I keep getting this error message: "Could not open “xxxxx.jpg” because the file was not found." I've uninstalled it and re-installed it and still nothing.  PLEASE HELP!!! 

{Moderator Note: Edited the thread title, CR-4199919}

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Hi all,

We have resolved the "File not found" issue in Camera Raw 13.0.1 release. If you are still seeing the same error after the update, check the system requirements

To update Camera Raw to 13.0.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Camera Raw. 

For help with updating, see Update Creative Cloud apps.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that you see a "File is not found" message when opening images with Camera Raw 13.0. This is due to OS incompatibility with ACR 13.0. Please checkout the steps below:

Helpx: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/known-issues.html#CameraRaw

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to drag a simple jpg file straight to the folder and it just don't open. Any of then. 

Some people came here with the same issue. Looks like a update problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS was working fine and since yesterday, it won´t open any file it says that is not found sometimes and others that doesn´t recongize it... I even uninstall just PS and didnt work, after uninstall everything from adobe, even creative cloud and didn´t work either...

I´m attaching the message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After dowload de upgrade Photoshop 22 not is posible open de pictures to Camera Raw. The program is bloked....(attached hard copy).

I need your answer as early as possible.I need to work with it.

alfonsoc4523332_0-1603217033852.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

photoshop no me permite abrir imagenes jpg?

me aparece esto, que puedo hacer????

Captura de pantalla 2020-10-20 a la(s) 22.33.59.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acabei de atualizar o PS e agora não consigo abrir mais nenhum dos meus arquivos. Já desinstalei e instalei de novo e nada... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i can not open any kivd of file , after upgraded to cc 2021 just now , i tells that program error it worked well yesterday with cc2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

update the PS 2021 I have problems and I can not open any jpg or raw file, it takes too long trying to do it and I have to close the program by force, I have a mac Catalina version 10.15.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While printing got this error: "Could not complete your request because the file could not found"

Other application can print normally, but PS can't.

My PS Ver: 21.2.3 20200902.r.308

Any solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked but it's a disgrace that Adobe keeps failing in so basic things!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks alot...roll back camera raw w0ork for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We have resolved this issue in the latest update of Camera 13.0.1 for macOS. This update should get installed automatically on your machine via the Creative Desktop app. If it's not installed automatically, please install the update via the Creative Cloud Desktop app. 

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Yes, I updated Camera Raw and all is good again. Thanks for resolving this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ci piacerebbe sapere con quale sistema operativo funziona, visto che io ho l'ultima versione di Windows Professional 64 bit e il programma va in continuo crash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out the minimum system requirements for Photoshop 22.0 here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

Could you please turn off the GPU from the Photoshop preferences and check if that helps to resolve the crash issue?

Let us know, how it goes.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ciao! Non funziona nemmeno disattivando la Gpu, le foto jpg risultano alterate nella visualizzazione e i vari crash di camera raw persistono. Aggiungo anche che la disattivazione della Gpu non può essere una soluzione, dopo aver investito migliaia di euro su una nuova macchina, ho un Ryzen 9 3950x a 16 core, 64 gb di ram, win professional 64bit, Asus crosshair hero VIII, tutti i driver aggiornati. La macchina ha due mesi di vita e l'ho creata apposta per non avere più problemi con Adobe.... invece non è cosi. Perdonami ma la cosa mi fa un pò rabbia 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mi dispiace che questo software che seguo con passione dagli '90, non si adatti più ai fotografi professionisti, ma al contrario sono i fotografi professionisti che devono adattarsi al software, pur pagando un abbonamento. Se si continua su questa linea si tornerà ai crack e alle copie pirata, che sembra siano più affidabili del sistema creative cloud stesso. Perchè dovrei disabilitare la Gpu della scheda video, se poi devo elaborare file di grosse dimensioni? Questa operazione me l'avete fatta fare già due volte costringendomi poi a cambiare ben tre schede video nell'arco di due anni, trovo questa cosa ingiusta, spero non accada anche questa volta, perchè sarà l'addio ad Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why your team can do this kind the mistake. I feel disappointed with this software every time when the new update out it will automatically update and the worst is it will have some issue. I feel I like a white mouse for your experiment. Hope you can fix this issue as soon as possible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We have resolved the "File not found" issue in Camera Raw 13.0.1 release. If you are still seeing the same error after the update, check the system requirements

To update Camera Raw to 13.0.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Camera Raw. 

For help with updating, see Update Creative Cloud apps.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines