• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

M: Photoshop artboard greyed out when switch to another app

Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When working in Ps my artboard goes gray every time I make another program or window active. This is especially annoying when working with two screens. Every time I start working on my second monitor the artboard goes gray. The only fix is to click back into photoshop and zoom in or out a couple of times.

I'm having additional issues within photoshop where when moving photos or text boxes, the area around the selected object will go gray as well. And again, the preview is only restored to 100% capacity after zooming in our out a few times. Any help would be appreciated!

Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 11.30.14 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 11.30.24 AM.png

{Moderator note: Edited the thread title, PS-49172} 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess that's an option. Obviously there are a lot of people out there experiencing the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For reference's sake, which version is that? The one before the official release? (21.1.3?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Keith, I'm having the same problem. How did you resolve it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.  When I click on a layer visability comes back, but super annoying.  Would love a solution other than going to a previous versions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This appears to have worked for me:

Resetting my Preferences (holding down Option+Command+Shift as Photoshop starting).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS WORKED! Thank you.

I hope it doesn't revert, but so far so good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too! Thank you! The problem was maing me absolutely crazy! I hope this will be a permanent solution to the problem..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. So I held down Option+Command+Shift as Photoshop was starting, but then I'm prompted "Delete the Adobe Photoshop Settings Files?" Is it okay to click Yes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. You'll have to reset any preferences and settings you had but you should be fine. (Be sure to export any custom presets you had if you had any so you can import them again. People should do this regularly, anyway.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue.  Making me NUTS!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AWESOME!!! works for me so far! thanks so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It started happening again after last update a few days ago, so I tried starting PS holding cmd+opt+shift and so far it seems to work. Thank you all for sharing what worked for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, after resetting my preferences and configuring all again, it just started again this morning, how can I fix this? Disappearing artboards are really a trouble to work with!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. When I use Photoshop on a dual monitor set-up, and then unplug and use my laptop without quitting Photoshop, I lose the artboard and zoom in/zoom out doesn't work, but all the tool palettes and windows are still visible. Super annoying! I just quit Photoshop and re-open it and that works, but really messes with productivity and workflow. This just started once I updated to Big Sur and Photoshop 2021 last week. Hoping for a bug fix soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I haven't had this problem in a while, I'm now using the latest version and hipe is gone for good! 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines