• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

M: Photoshop freezes while using Shadow/Highlights tool after latest update

Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like the title says, on every occasion the app freezes while using the Shadow/Highlights tool on a layer.. if only I had saved the work I was working on.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here; seems one bug has been replced by another one. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, are you talking about Ps 21.1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. what OS are you on currently? I cannot replicate the problem you are experiencing with the latest PS update using the adjustment. How much scratch disk space etc have you got. Maybe you are running out of space for e.g.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 running; latest CC version, updated today to version 21.1.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated PS on another Mac Book (Pro), Catalina 10.15.3. Same problem - PS is freezing, also the settings disappeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacOs Catalina 10.15.2, PHotshop 21.1... all worked fine until I updated this morning. Everything else seem to work fine, I have aroun 1Tb of scratchdisk available 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens with every type of selecting tool (Lasso etc)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am the last person to suggest this as usually there are explanations but in this case I recommend that you reset your prefs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done, but problem remains

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try checking the Legacy Compositing:

Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 11.38.21.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried, no difference

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you could also try unchecking use graphics processor, but that would be a temp solution obv.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that one too, no solution. I also reinstalled the app.. problem remains. I'm losing workday here.. very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, in this case, also install Photoshop 2019...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, That's what I just did.. tool works as it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem occurs for me as well on Max OS 10.13.6.  If I type a value in manually it works but sliders cause it to freeze. 

Additionally all sliders in images-adjustments no longer update in realtime. If I adjust the slider it refreshes after letting go of the mouse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem - highlights/shadow freezes PS 21.1.0.  This just started this week. Was doing fine before. OS is High Sierra. Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been reported as a bug on the feedback site for Photoshop where the Product Manager is trying to gather more information. Please add to this report and be sure to include your OS (exact) and PS version (exact). You can also track the issue there.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/photoshop-21-1-0-after-latest-update-app-hang...

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After recent update, now Photoshop freezes when I make any adjustment in the Shadows/Highlights dialog box. Have to force quit on my MacOs Catalina desktop. All other adjustments seem to work okay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jon,

This is a known issue, and our engineers are working towards a fix for the same. Please add your vote to this issue here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/photoshop-21-1-0-after-latest-update-app-hang... and follow this thread for any updates about the issue.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using shadows/highlights if I leave the preview box ticked the programme hangs and remains in that state until I have to force quit. THis never happened with previous versions

[Moving from generic Start/Help forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]
[To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jon,

This is a known issue, and our engineers are working towards a fix for the same. Please add your vote to this issue here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/photoshop-21-1-0-after-latest-update-app-hang... and follow this thread for any updates about the issue.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Issue Vers.21.1.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines