M: Program error while opening or creating new document after Photoshop 22.1 update

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since yesterday's update, can´t even open a jpg file. Always says: Could not complete your request because of a program error. I need to work.

{Moderator Note: Edited the thread title, PS-52603}

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 22.1.1 which includes the fix for Program Error using the Spot Healing tool and using Select and Mask

Here's the list of all fixed issue: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

Thanks,

Mohit

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 20, 2020 41
736 Replies 736
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buonasera,

da qualche giorno, utilizzando alcuni degli strumenti presenti nel programma, compare il seguente messaggio di errore "Impossibile completare la richiesta poiché si è verificato un errore del programma."

Chiaramente ciò non mi permette di utilizzare alcuni strumenti come il pennello correttivo o il pennello correttivo al volo.

Potete per cortesia suggerirmi come procedere per risolvere il problema?

Grazie mille!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 06, 2021 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that you're getting a program error while using some of the tools in Photoshop 2021. 

Would you mind sharing when exactly are you getting the program error? What all tools are you encountering the issue with?

Please note that there is a known issue with Photoshop version 22.x related to Program Error and our engineers are working towards a fix.

In the meanwhile, would you mind checking the workaround mentioned in this article https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/program-error-opening-psd.html and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 06, 2021 1
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Akash,

I tried some solutions indicated in the community but after some minutes the error message comes back.

This problem affects the healing brush tool and the spot healing brush tool and it's not possible for me to use them.

Could it be a good idea to uninstall a install again Photoshop?

Thanks a lot for your support!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 09, 2021 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If none of the suggestions have helped, back up your preferences/settings folder then roll back to the previous version of Photoshop (either 22.0.1 or 21.1.4)

See Revert to the previous Photoshop version

Thanks, 

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 11, 2021 0
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hai già provato a convertire il file da 8 bit a 16 bit. L'ho fatto e non ho più avuto il problema (è passato un po 'di tempo).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 20, 2021 0
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing is fixed. It's awful and I can't work at all. You can save only when layers are invisible, after that when you turn them on you see only a few not all.  Can't use the move tool. Can't export in any format, basically you can't work on this version 221. I can't understand how you haven't been able to fix these issues for so long and it seems like you did nothing but giving wrong solutions -  https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/program-error-opening-psd.html#Programerrorwhileopeningfiles. We all want an answer when we will be able to continue working normally!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 07, 2021 1
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am no longer able to use the Move tool. This rollout is similar to the
Boeing Max but no one hot killed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 07, 2021 1
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're sorry for the program error issue in Photoshop 21.1 update. We're working on this problem to resolve as soon as possible. In the meanwhile, take a look at the following troubleshooting article to fix the program error issue: https://adobe.ly/2JZDqZB

Let us know the outcome.

Thanks,

Mohit

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 07, 2021 1
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So renaming that folder to "~com.adobe.unifiedpanel" seems to have fixed it for me. At least for first tests. Will update if I run into any more trouble. Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 07, 2021 0
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am constantly having the issue of not being able to save my work because of "Program Errors" - I even sometimes have trouble exporting work to other formats.

Not sure what is going on, but this is getting ridiculous!

I have to frequently save my work, because once I encounter the error, I end up losing all of my progress.

Soo frustrating.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 10, 2021 0
Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have already tried to change the file from 8bit to 16bit?
It worked for me. I no longer have this problem with these files.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 11, 2021 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 22.1.1 which includes the fix for Program Error using the Spot Healing tool and using Select and Mask

Here's the list of all fixed issue: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

Thanks,

Mohit

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 12, 2021 0
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mohit,

Nice to read that Adobe is taking this issue serious.

However, the recent update did not improve anything. Now after installing Adobe Photoshop Version: 22.1.1 20210104.r.138, creating a new file results in "Could not complete your request because of a program error." and opening an exisiting one shows a short 'running disc' and nothing happens at all.

Tx for a reply,

Stephan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 12, 2021 1
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mohit - 

This fixed NOTHING! I cannot do my job today and my boss does not understand technology issues. If I get fired that blood is on Adobe's hands. Thanks a lot.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 12, 2021 1