• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Program error while opening or creating new document after Photoshop 22.1 update [2020]

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since yesterday's update, can´t even open a jpg file. Always says: Could not complete your request because of a program error. I need to work.

{Moderator Note: Edited the thread title, PS-52603}

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Hi all,

05/20 update: We have resolved another program error issue while dragging assets from libraries to the artboard in Photoshop 22.4.1 update. Could you please update Photoshop to the 22.4.1 version via the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop app and let us know your feedback.

Here's how you update Photoshop to its latest version: Update Creative Cloud apps

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 1058 Replies 1058
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my computer, because this didn't work at first until I have updated my computer. Thank you so much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In PS2021: Open a jpeg file and when I select edit/sky replacement, I get following error message "

Could not complete your request because of a program error." Have tried unchecking "enable generator" in Preferences/plugins and also the edit/assign profile fix. I also restarted PS but I keep getting this error message. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there any update to this?  I am also experiencing the same issue....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Sky Replacement feature in Photoshop due to the Program error. Our product team is working on a fix for the program error. Meanwhile, you can try the steps suggested here: https://adobe.ly/2JZDqZB

If the issue persists, please roll back to the previous version (21.2.5) of Photoshop using the steps suggested here: https://adobe.ly/2wH0JjE

Please uninstall the latest version of Photoshop first & select the option to Keep Preferences prior to installing the previous version.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At first when I followed the guidelines it still did the same thing, but I updated my computer to the current update that was needed around this time, and it fixed my issue. I still have not updated my Photoshop to the current one yet, but I say that if anyone else has an issue like this, see if your computer needs an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I posted this a few days ago and received no responses. The issue continues, so I'm posting it again with hopes that someone has a solution to suggest. 

I've had issues saving files recently on Photoshop on MacOS Big Sur. It comes up with a message saying it can't save it due to a program error. I've tried several solutions including uninstalling and redownloading the latest version of Photoshop. I also found the Adobe help page specifically on program errors and followed all the steps but I'm still getting the same message. It's causing big problems for me since I've had to stop working on a project for the time being, as I can't save any work. 

Can anyone advise on what else I could do to solve the issue, please? Thank you in advance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with  Photoshop due to the Program error. Our product team is working on a fix for the program error. Meanwhile, you can try the steps suggested here: https://adobe.ly/2JZDqZB

If the issue persists, please roll back to the previous version (21.2.5) of Photoshop using the steps suggested here: https://adobe.ly/2wH0JjE

Please uninstall the latest version of Photoshop first & select the option to Keep Preferences prior to installing the previous version.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for your response. As per my post, I have followed all of the steps and yet the problem is not resolved. I have also rolled back to previous versions and it has not worked either. Still the same error message. Hoping you will resolve this soon, as my work is on the line. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While trying to save (CMD+S), a program error occurs every time. But when I "Save As" (CMD+Shift+S), it saves fine. I've gone through just about every step I could find to fix this but unfortuntely to no avail. How can I fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed the latest update this morning but now I keep getting a "Could not complete your request because of a program error" whenever I try to do anything (like select or deselect or copy the layer) 

I literally cant work as it gives me the error message anytime I try to do anything.

Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, forgot to add - this is in PHOTOSHOP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same error. 

Photoshop 22.3 disables all Adjustment Layers which renders the software unusable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it's not just me.

Hopefully they'll fix it - reverting back to 22.2 for now

Thanx for the reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hier hetzelfde probleem met de programmafout. Weet iemand een oplossing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What platform and OS version do you have?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.867)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

systeem.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try installing the previous version 22.2.  You can find the instructions at 

Install previous versions of your Creative Cloud apps (adobe.com)

This worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Voor mij ook!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Just installed the previous version until they figure this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed my image rotation stopped working after the latest photoshop update.  I also am getting "could not complete your request because of a program error" when opening any .jpg file (or any .psd file as well).   I cannot go into edit>preference>performance as I then get a "could not complete the performance command because of a program error".    I can go into edit>performance>general but I cannot when trying to open the performance section under general, the screen does not change from general to performance items.   I can open up any other selections (interface, tools,workspace, etc) via edit>perference>general but not the performance section.  The main issue though is that I cannot open any .jpg or .pdf file without getting the "cannot complete your request..." error.   I have uninstalled and reinstalled photoshop.   I am on version 22.3 of photoshop and am running windows 10.   Any help on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Photoshop version 22.2 and everything is working properly now.   There is a problem with version 22.3 that is preventing me from opening any .jpg or .pdf without getting a "Could not complete your request because of a program error"   Hopefully Adobe will address this issue soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dacruiser  Welcome to the club!!! I updated PS CC to the lastest update because there were so many bugs in it.  After the update, it was worse.I got the same error message.  I tried the support community and an online search with negative results.    I uninstalled and reinstalled and now I don't get the error message anymore; now the program just crashes; maybe that's progress???  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply with your experience. Uninstalling/Reinstalling did not work for me. I do agree that the progress would have been living with the constant crashes. Version 22.2 is working satisfactory for me. Maybe it will work better for you? IF not, we will have to wait for future updates that may help get us back to normal operation again.

Sent from Outlook

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since update v 22.3, the program bug when opening an image with the message: "Unable to perform this operation due to a program error". What is going on ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines