M: Program error while opening or creating new document after Photoshop 22.1 update

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since yesterday's update, can´t even open a jpg file. Always says: Could not complete your request because of a program error. I need to work.

{Moderator Note: Edited the thread title, PS-52603}

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct Answers

Adobe Employee , Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021
Hi all,   1/29 update: If you are up to date with Photoshop 22.1.1 and still encounter Program Errors after performing the listed troubleshooting steps. Please do the following: Install and enable the Program Error Diagnostic PluginReproduce the Program ErrorPaste the error details to the following community thread: Program Error Diagnostic Plugin feedback     We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 22.1.1 which includes the fix for Photoshop 22.1.0: Program Error using Spot Healing tool and using Select and Mask...

translate

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , 5 hours ago 5 hours ago
Hi all,    4/15 update: We have fixed a number of known bugs related to the program error in the 22.3.1 update of Photoshop.   To update Photoshop to 22.3.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating    If you have updated to Photoshop 22.3.1 and tried all the suggestions offered in our documentation for program error & still getting the error, please share the System Info from Photoshop with us. In Photoshop, select Help > Syst...

translate

Translate

Translate
replies 986 Replies 986
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a last few days was a error on all my actions as - Could not complete your request because a program error. I did complete reinstallation my sustem with format disck, install photoshop and the error is still show.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop due to the Program error while trying to work with Actions.

Would you mind sharing the exact version of Photoshop you're using along with your computers operating system?

Please update Photoshop to version 22.3 (if you haven't already) to check if that helps. You can also try the steps suggested here: https://adobe.ly/2JZDqZB

If the issue persists, please roll back to the previous version of Photoshop using the steps suggested here: https://adobe.ly/2wH0JjE

Please uninstall the latest version of Photoshop first & select the option to Keep Preferences prior to installing the previous version.

Also, checkout the steps mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/program-error-opening-psd.html#Programerrorwhilesavingfiles

Regards,

Akash

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I get always when I use PS 'The 'Photoshop could not complete your request because of a program error'.

How can I resolve it?

Thx

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop due to the Program error while trying to open the app and files.

Would you mind sharing the exact version of Photoshop you're using along with your computers operating system?

Please update Photoshop to version 22.3 (if you haven't already) to check if that helps. You can also try the steps suggested here: https://adobe.ly/2JZDqZB

If the issue persists, please roll back to the previous version of Photoshop using the steps suggested here: https://adobe.ly/2wH0JjE

Please uninstall the latest version of Photoshop first & select the option to Keep Preferences prior to installing the previous version.

Also, checkout the steps mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/program-error-opening-psd.html#Programerrorwhilesavingfiles

Regards,

Akash

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so frustated. I keep getting the could not complete the System Info/Plugins/Performance (whatever I try) command because of a program error. I have done system restore twice to dates before this problem started. I have Windows 10 and it is fully updated. I run on Nvida GeForce615 graphics which is also updated and my system automatically supports basic accelleration in PS. My Photoshop v 22.3 is updated and current. I'm paying for software which I do not have any use of. This is really so frustrating. Doing the Edit > Preferences > Performance takes me to the dialogue box and that's how far I get as nothing reacts from there. Please help!

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same errors same frustration! tried the diagnostic tool points o KERNEL32.DLL

Preferences -performance does not bring anything up no options keep getting same error  whatever i do. Frustrated cant use this product!

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am also facing same error on working project Behang eraf halen run on Nvida GeForce615 graphics which is also updated and my system automatically supports basic accelleration in PS.performance does not bring anything up no options keep getting same error

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problems. Quadro FX 1800

PS won't even let me access Edit > Preferences >  gives "Program Error"

Some points:

- Clicking on a layer linked to a placed PSD produces error - clicking on normal layer does not

- unable to "Ctrl-T" for transform

- unable to switch Gradient for Gradient tool - but can use gradient tool with default fill

** I can "CTRL Click" a layer to select but using keyboard commands produces error (e.g. CTRL-A)

I can right-click on the image to select layer that has a placed image - I cannot click on the layer in the layers pallete without the "Program Error"

With my mouse I can choose >File>Save and save a file - I cannot "CTRL-S" to save without "Program Error"

Many other odd nuances to this - very frustrating.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop was updated to v. 22.3.1 but that only made things worse. After the update, Photoshop opens and displays error reporting stating that photoshop encountered a problem and needs to close. Never ending story ...

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

COMPLETE JOKE!! FIX THESE ISSUES THIS HAS BEEN HAPPENING FOR YEARS

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
5 hours ago 5 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

4/15 update: We have fixed a number of known bugs related to the program error in the 22.3.1 update of Photoshop.

To update Photoshop to 22.3.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating 

If you have updated to Photoshop 22.3.1 and tried all the suggestions offered in our documentation for program error & still getting the error, please share the System Info from Photoshop with us.

1. In Photoshop, select Help > System Info.
  2. In the System Info dialog, click Copy.

The information there makes it much easier for us to track down what is going on. 

Thanks,

Akash

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
an hour ago an hour ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop was updated to v. 22.3.1 but that only made things worse. After the update, Photoshop opens and displays error reporting stating that photoshop encountered a problem and needs to close. Never ending story ...

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines