M: PS 2020 missing Object Select Tool

Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest release is 21.0.0. I got it by opening the Creative cloud app and clicking on "Check for updates." Some of the new features are there, the Object selection tool is not.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by davescm | Adobe Community Professional

v21 was released today.

If you have a custom toolbar , the update will not overwrite it. To see the select object tool - click on the three dots in the toolbar (or use Edit>Toolbar) and then Restore Defaults

If you have a custom toolbar , the update will not overwrite it. To see the select object tool - click on the three dots in the toolbar (or use Edit>Toolbar) and then Restore Defaults

If you have a custom toolbar then the update will not overwrite it. To see the object selection tool, go to Edit >Toolbar and then choose Restore Defaults.

Dave

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciated your answer. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tryed everything what I was told, I followed the instructions but still it doesn't work.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Reset tool bar. It worked.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I did not manage to restore Object Selection Tool. I applied as you mentioned in your message dated Nov 14, 2019.  

Please note I have two Photoshops and these two are updated. I want to restore Object Selection Tool for the one which is for desktop. For good orders sake sending copy of my Adobe's screen shot. The matter is in question for Photoshop v 20.0.9  which is at the right hand side. I have object selection tool for the one at the left side. Thank you beforehand for your reply and help.

Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 12.07.49.png 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
davescm LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Object selection tool is in v21 only.

It was not available in v20 

What sometimes causes confusion is that v21 was known as CC2020  and v20 was known as CC2019.

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines