• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

M: PS 2020 missing Object Select Tool

Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest release is 21.0.0. I got it by opening the Creative cloud app and clicking on "Check for updates." Some of the new features are there, the Object selection tool is not.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

v21 was released today.

If you have a custom toolbar , the update will not overwrite it. To see the select object tool - click on the three dots in the toolbar (or use Edit>Toolbar) and then Restore Defaults

If you have a custom toolbar , the update will not overwrite it. To see the select object tool - click on the three dots in the toolbar (or use Edit>Toolbar) and then Restore Defaults

If you have a custom toolbar then the update will not overwrite it. To see the object selection tool, go to Ed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new Object Selection tool does not (always) show up immediately under the Quick Selection tool.  You can find it under Edit Toolbar in the Customize Toolbar Window. There you can drag it into the Toolbar.
Schermafbeelding 2019-11-16 om 13.03.41.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, 

I've updated photoshop to 2020. It doesn't have the new features that the update should have, object selection tool for example. Last week when I did the install I also noticed that it was very laggy. The spin wheel would constantly delay me from using any tool. 

I'm on high siera 10.13.6. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try going the Edit > Toolbar and selecting Restore Defaults

image4.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked! 

Thanks so much. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just update my Photoshop 2020 and the Object Selection tool is not there as per the videos.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

[Merged with existing thread by moderator.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

As the Object Selection tool is not appearing in Photoshop, could you please try resetting the tool bar and let us know if it helps? https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/kb/bringing-back-tools.html

Also, please update Photoshop to version 21.0.1

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What the hell?  WHY DID you design the tool this way?  A new feature that doesn't show up automatically???  The stupidest decision ever...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The decision is sensible in that if you have custom workspaces and toolbars Photoshop will not overwrite them on the update. If it did, then the forum would be inundated with "the upgrade just destroyed my custom set up" posts.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well...  I've been using PS for 17 years, and in all that time the new tools just showed up where they were supposed to.  Users weren't forced to dig around and play detective about where the new tools were, at least not that I ever experienced and not that I ever heard.  And I had custom workspaces that were not changed when new tools showed up.  i.e., Clone Stamp Tool, Spot Healing Brush, etc etc etc. They were there when the new version was installed, along with my custom workspace. Why now are you so incapable of continuing that standard?  Never mind, it's a rhetorical question.  Sometimes Adobe just gets it wrong.  All of this notwithstanding, Photoshop continues to be the software indispensible to my work.  Would that it wasn't so... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening to all, I downloaded the latest version of PhotoShop but in the toolbar there is no new selection tool... did it happen to others?

Just for information I work on Mac.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Welcome to the Adobe Community!

As you're not seeing the Object Selection Tool, could you please reset the toolbar to get the Object Selection Tool and see if it appears? https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/kb/bringing-back-tools.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,
now it works but I have to repersonalize photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tryed everything what I was told, I followed the instructions but still it doesn't work.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Reset tool bar. It worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I did not manage to restore Object Selection Tool. I applied as you mentioned in your message dated Nov 14, 2019.  

Please note I have two Photoshops and these two are updated. I want to restore Object Selection Tool for the one which is for desktop. For good orders sake sending copy of my Adobe's screen shot. The matter is in question for Photoshop v 20.0.9  which is at the right hand side. I have object selection tool for the one at the left side. Thank you beforehand for your reply and help.

Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 12.07.49.png 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Object selection tool is in v21 only.

It was not available in v20 

What sometimes causes confusion is that v21 was known as CC2020  and v20 was known as CC2019.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I'm a little confusesd because I have thought I have kept up with all updates with Photoshop CC, I would assume I would have updated to v21....how do I find out, everytime I get a notice to update I do....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind, I figured it out.....now I feel foolish, been opening the wrong edition.............duh...moment

Thanks for the instant info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also missing the Object Selection tool. Even if I bring up the Customize toolbar hit restore default, still does not come up. I haev the latest version of Photoshop. What am I missing that could help bring this tool to view. I wasn't aware until I decided to work through CIB and it was one of the exercises....I have read most of the thread so far nothing has worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I have the latest version of Photoshop"

What exact version? Check in Help >System Info

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using 2019, I did not realize I wasn't on 2020...

Change out the desk top app to the correct year....

How embarassing......and there is the Object Selection tool...[sheesh]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem - at least you got it sorted 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Im beri hepi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines