• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

M: RAW Support for Nikon Z5 with 3rd Party Glass

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am finding an issue importing Nikon Z5 RAW files into Lightroom & Photoshop...Adobe's DNG converter also does not work for these files.  However, if RAW images are shot with Nikon lenses (either Z-mount native or adapted with FTZ adapter), all of these software programs can import just fine.  Will there be an update to allow the import of RAW images shot on 3rd Party Glass?  For reference, I was using the Tamron 24-70 2.8 G2.  NOTE: when using my Nikon 20mm 1.8g lens, all files imported as expected.

{Moderator Note: Edited the thread title, LRD-4205070}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020
Adobe
Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your work around.... although tedious works great..

Thank you...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This absolutely saved my day!!! So ANNOYED with Nikon and Adobe for scaring me. I tried DNG converter..... Didn't work and I started to FREAK out! Downloaded Nikon NX-D and at least got the photos to convert to JPEGs. Editing JPEGs is better then not editing anything at all.......... Thank you so much for sharing your solution to this PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have Lightroom classic you can add it to Capture NX-D as a external editor.. so all you need to do then is load your photos into NX-D then click open in Lightroom.

Open NX-D then go to preferences and scroll 

down to “open with application” and then add Lightroom and any other apps you want to open..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just shot the first wedding with my Z5 and ran into this problem as well. Half the photos were taken with a Sigma Art lens and can't be imported. I'm amazed this isn't a more widespread issue, It took me quite a bit of googling to find this thread. Hoping more comments here might prompt Nikon/adobe to get their act together a little quicker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

私も全く同じ症状で悩みました。
Nikonサポートに問い合わせると、Capture NXD Ver1.6.3であればサードパーティー製のレンズで記録したNEFでも表示や編集ができるという返事でした。
実際にCapture NXD Ver1.6.3にバージョンアップすればNEFファイルを表示や編集することができました。
Adobe社のサポートチャットで確認したところ、この問題はAdobe社の開発部門に報告済みでアップデートを待って欲しいと言っていた。
どうしても待てない事情がある場合は、Caputure NXDでファイル>他のアプリケーションを使用して画像を開くでPhotoshopを登録してTiff変換してから開けば編集可能となります。

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope Adobe and Capture One can find a fix asap bc not too many people like NX-D when it comes to workflow and batching. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course this is a problem. Shot an engagement session with my sigma 35 yesterday. Now having this issue. THANKFULLY I also shot on my EOS R 50mm so I will be able to deliver something in a reasonable time! 

Has this been fixed at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download Nikon NX D for the moment. Adobe hasn't pushed the fix out to everyone yet. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know if they've pushed the fix out to anyone yet? Trying to get a sense of timelines, and if they're A/B testing it with a group that's usually a good sign. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They were asking for raw files from people on the photoshop forum. I saw some had said they were testing a fix with their files. It was unclear if they were pushing a fix past anyone not employed by Adobe last I checked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest versions of LR and PS and can't import or open Z5 raw files shot with adapted glass.  Nikon Z lenses aren't any problem but everything else is not working.  I can import and open the same files in jpg only. I even tried M mount lenses without any exif data.  I get an error message stating the raw files aren't recognized.  Any help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. This sounds really odd, but as you've specificially tested, it seems that however the EXIF data gets wrtitten is somehow the culprit. Sounds like a bug. Report here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, odd.  Even more confusing is neither Capture 1 nor Nikon NX-D will open these NEF files but Luminar 3 does.  I did check the link you provided and the issue has been reported as I'm not the only one experiencing problems. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the feedback forum Adobe has acknowledged a bug with Z series cameras and certain third party lenses where the files will not be opened at all. It's very strange but apparently they are working on a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read that also.  It's not just an Adobe issue though.  Not even Nikon's own software will open these files either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe uses the Nikon supplied API to read parts of the NEF file. It is not unlikely it is a bug in the Nikon API that hits all these pieces of software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's above my paygrade.  Seems strange that Luminar will open these files but NX-D won't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is incredibly frustrating. I just received my Z5 today and spent a bunch of time with the Sigma 35 ART and the FTZ adapter. Everything works great except the error when importing into lightroom. What's weird is I can see the photos in the import dialogue just fine. However when I try to import Lightroom throws an error. This is a major bummer. Are there any updates on this issue? Looking back through some history it looks like this has been going on for a little while now. Pretty unacceptable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might try NX-D and convert to tiff until Adobe fixes this.  I was finally able to open the files shot with Tamron lenses and FTZ with Nikon's software.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very frustrating.  I am doing the whole NX-D convert hoopla, but question...are you finding that some sliders are not fully functional even with the Tiff files, the WB for instance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frankly, I gave up trying.  I'm using my Nikon glass until there's a fix.  The good news is Adobe has identified the issue and said they'd be releasing an update soon.  Whether "soon" means a week or months is yet to be seen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is expected. When you convert to tiff the raw converter you use does a white balance correction and that gets baked in to the file. Absolute white balance corrections only apply to raw files. For tiff, jpeg, psd, etc. you can only do relative white balance corrections. This is one reason why it is better to stay in raw as much as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOWWW This is Extremely annoying! Adobe please fix this ASAP! I have about 60 photos that I cannot edit from a wedding because of this.

I converted them to TIFF's and it's just not the sameto edit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're stuck with NX-D or Luminar for the time being.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines