• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

M: RAW Support for Nikon Z5 with 3rd Party Glass

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am finding an issue importing Nikon Z5 RAW files into Lightroom & Photoshop...Adobe's DNG converter also does not work for these files.  However, if RAW images are shot with Nikon lenses (either Z-mount native or adapted with FTZ adapter), all of these software programs can import just fine.  Will there be an update to allow the import of RAW images shot on 3rd Party Glass?  For reference, I was using the Tamron 24-70 2.8 G2.  NOTE: when using my Nikon 20mm 1.8g lens, all files imported as expected.

{Moderator Note: Edited the thread title, LRD-4205070}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was looking into Luminar4, do you have it?  If so, what do you think about it.  It looks very efficient if it works like the videos I have seen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't tried Lum4 but I do have Lum3.  I only used it with some Fuji files but it did seem to handle them well and it would at least open the Z5 NEF files.   NX-D is so slow and laggy that it may be worth a try during the wait for LR update.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Smae...I have two weddings and 4 sessions!  UGH!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this considered a correct answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmmm, I only use 1 lens on my newly purchased Z5, which is a nikon 24-70mm 2.8f lens and I have problems importing raw files into lightroom. So I don't think it's a 3rd party glass issue. Seems to always be the case, everytime nikon comes up with a new product, along with it is a set of new problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Same issue, just got my Z5, got a converter with Nikkor AF-S 3.5-5.6 G II 18-200DX lense for now, and the nef files can not be opened in PS, there is an error with a link to nonexistent page :

Photoshop cannot open this file.

if you are attempting to open a raw file from a digital camera, make sure 

http://www.adobe.com/go/kb407111_uk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if you send to PS from LR, but make sure you download the latest cc update. The released the fix for this last month. The fix was in LR and I assume for the same camera raw engine for PS as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have beeb having this problem also.  On1 Photo Raw wil open these files and id a pretty good raw converter.  You can get a free trial that might fill in until Adobe/Nikon fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am a handful of months late to join this party, so wondering if this has this been resolved yet?  or is everyone still using a workaround and converting files to dng?  

I do not find dng even remotely the same as a RAW 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines