M: Unable to export Save for Web in Photoshop 22.3 Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After update to Photoshop 22.3.0 today export to Save for Web (Legacy) stopped working. Opens up a error message: The operation could not be completed.

Quick export is working ok. 

Legacy Save for Web error.jpg

{Moderator note: Edited the thread title, PS-60637}

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Employee , 5 hours ago 5 hours ago
Hi there,   This issue should be fixed in the Photoshop 22.3.1 update that went live today. This update includes fixes to some of the top customer reported issues among other bug fixes. See Bug fixes and security updates   To update Photoshop to 22.3.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. See: More detailed instructions for updating   Let us know how it goes. Thanks, Akash

translate

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working OK here with 22.3 in Windows 10. Have you tried resetting preferences?

Dave

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here!

I tried to reset the preferences but it did not work...

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, reset the preferences did not work. I have updated graphic card driver and tried without graphic processor enabled.

Without success. 

But I can use quick export or save as.

Error is on my workstation with Windows 10 Pro for Workstations (20H2), on my laptop with Windows 10 Pro (20H2) it is working ok.  

This issue is also reported to support. They said I have to go back to previous version.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the issue with the 22.3 version, by going back to the 22.2  the "save for the web" work

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This started happening to me overnight on 22.2, I contacted support and I was recommended to use 21.2.6 untill this bug is fixed. 22.3 is out but the problem remains. I've already reset the configurations and even reinstalled the whole program, it didn't work.

On 21.2.6 it works just fine.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated my Photoshop to 22.3, the most recent version and now whenever I try to "Save for web" either through the keyboard shortcut alt, cntrl, shift, S or through the menu File, export, save for web (legacy mode) I get this error

"Operation could not be completed" (Please see screenshot attached)

I'm on Windows 10

I have tons of ram (128gb), I7 extreme processor and GTX Titan Black video card, so I know it's not for lack of power.

Anyone?

Thanks!

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save for Web is Broken in 22.3.

JJMack

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sux. Now I have to rollback. Do you know if Adobe is aware of the bug?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We have acknowledged this issue as a bug and working on it. In the meanwhile, you can roll back to the previous version of Photoshop 22.2 to resolve this specific issue.

We're really sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks,

Mohit

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I rolled back to the 22.2 and its still giving me the same error.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pixxxelschubser_0-1617836687126.png

Works for me without problem with PS 22.3.0  Win 10

fuer_Web_speichern_01.png

fuer_Web_speichern_02.png

fuer_Web_speichern.png

By @pixxxelschubser

--> jump to quoted post

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. 2012 Mac Pro, MacOS 10.14, PS 22.3.0. Started getting the error out of the blue yesterday. Had been exporting fine, and then suddenly it stopped working. Tried all the tricks suggested in other threads to no avail, but was able to get back to work using the Preview workaround. (Hit the "preview" button in the left corner of the Save For Web dialog window and then save the image out of the preview browser.) This added steps, but worked well enough and was worth the hassle to not have to step back a version. Then, today, the problem went away. I was getting the error one minute, and the save was completing as normal the next. Not sure if Adobe did something on their end, or if it just cleared up on its own, but did not even restart PS between not-working and working states. Good luck to everyone else still experiencing the problem!

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Photoshop 22.3.0 and the Save for Web feature is completely broken for me. Clicking the "Save for Web (Legacy)" menu item always causes a generic error message saying "The operation could not be completed" to pop up.

Things I've tried that didn't work:
- reinstalling photoshop via the creative cloud app

- resetting the preferences

- rebooting (and doing the above things again for good measure)

- running photoshop with elevated privileges to rule out permission problems

My system info (as generated by photoshop) is attached as a text file.

A solution or a workaround would be much appreciated.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop due to the error while using Save for Web. Our product team has acknowledged the issue as a bug & the team is working on a fix for it. Meanwhile, please roll back to the previous version of Photoshop using the steps suggested here: https://adobe.ly/2wH0JjE

Please uninstall the latest version of Photoshop first & select the option to Keep Preferences prior to installing the previous version.

Regards,

Nikunj

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
5 hours ago 5 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

This issue should be fixed in the Photoshop 22.3.1 update that went live today. This update includes fixes to some of the top customer reported issues among other bug fixes. See Bug fixes and security updates

To update Photoshop to 22.3.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. See: More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
3 hours ago 3 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You! It is working fine now.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines