• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

M1 MacBook Air with macOS beta developer account. PS 2021 freezes on open!?

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiya,

ive just purchased the Adobe suite, coming from Affinity - yes I know 😁, and I'm completely new to the whole thing and really want too learn. 
I've just got M1 MacBook Air 16GB ram 512 SSD and as I have a developer account I therefore have updated to the newest macOS beta. 

I've installed the CC app on it and various apps. 
my problem is PS freezes upon opening and I have to always force close the app. The other apps work perfectly and open and run fine. 
 Do I have to uninstall the beta version of macOS and reinstall a fresh RC of macOS for PS to work or is there a workaround please?

I'm at a loss what to do now and have tried various lower versions of PS and also tried to open PS with a lower resolution from the 'more info' section, again too no avail. 
it's the M1 silicon version of PS I have installed and there is no 'open with Rosetta' in the more info section. Also there is no beta PS listed anymore that I could find that works in my situation. 
Any help would really be appreciated. 
Sorry for the long 'first post. 
many thanks,

benn. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Photoshop has not been released to run on the New Mac OS Monterrey yet. 

You are working on a test/beta environment - nothing is guaranteed to run on that. 

You'll either have to downgrade/uninstall your beta Mac OS or run on another system. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop has not been released to run on the New Mac OS Monterrey yet. 

You are working on a test/beta environment - nothing is guaranteed to run on that. 

You'll either have to downgrade/uninstall your beta Mac OS or run on another system. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's beta 2, the previous version of macOS, as Monterey was only released last night.
Yeah I know about the whole beta ecosystem. I just wondered if anyone had, or found, a workaround.

No worries as I updated my Air after the WWDC opener last night and put PS 2021 on my Mac Pro of which it still runs smooth. 
I just wanted to see how much faster, if any, PS ran on silicon. No problem I can wait. 
Thanks for your reply. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The M1 compatible version of Photoshop 21.4.2 is much faster on M1 mini with Big Sur. 

I run it daily and love it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nice. I really like the M1 mini but because i treated my self to the M1 Air 16GB and M1 iPad Pro 1TB, need that 16GB for future proof 😉, I couldn't justify getting the mini as well  too my wife 🤣. I've kept the m1 iPad stock as I'm still finding few errors with Monterey which as you've said is understandable. The Adobe suite on that M1 iPad Pro  runs like a dream. I'm so tempted to go back too Big Sur on my M1 Air but I really don't know yet, I'm definitely tempted 😁.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines