• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac Crash Trying to Reinstall CS 5.5

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, my Mac crashed and I had adobe creative suite 5.5 installed on it. I had to wipe my hard drive, I am trying to reinstall on the same machine with the CD. When I enter the serial number I receive the error that the code is valid but I need another serial number for a CS4 product. This serial number I am entering I purchased for the full retail version of CS5, it is not an upgrade. How do I fix this so I can install?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a new operating system it may not be compatible with this old (10 years old)  version of Photoshop; consider upgrading to the Photography Plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. I haven't upgraded my OS in a while because a lot of my apps won't work when I upgrade. I don't use the creative suite enough to warrant spending $60 a month on it. I barely use any of the apps 2-4 times a month. I'm just looking to reinstall on a machine it was working on prior to the crash. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fair enough though the Photography Plan costs around $10 a month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines