• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac Pro with latest Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I recently started using an older Mac Pro instead of my newer Macbook Pro and found some issues with Photoshop. I use the latest version of PS and LR for my photography but thought I could get a little faster using my Mac Pro tower instead. I found that my video card although supported by Adobe will not allow me to use certain plugins  such as Oil Painting. I read that if I use and older version of PS like CS6 I can get away with using my older 2010 Mac Pro. 

Any help on this matter would be great! I really don't want to spend hundreds on a new graphisc card right now.

Thanks

Eddy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eddy,

• Which version of PS do you have on each computer? (Photoshop menu > About.)
  • What is your OS on each computer? (Apple menu > About.)
  • What is the graphics card on each computer? (Apple menu > About.)

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jane. My Macbook Pro is a 2012 and that one has the lastest OSX and Adobe programs. My problem is on the tower. The 2010 Mac Pro has 3.33ghz 6 core, 32gigs memory, and an NVIDIA GeForce 120 with 512mb of memory. When I open an image in PS and try to use the Oil Paint plugin it is greyed out. I also opened the preferences and under graphics processor and advance settings it only allows basic drawing. I read somewhere that the GeForce 120 was not supported by Adobe any longer. I may have to upgrade the card!

Eddy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines