Highlighted

Mac screenshots issue: window shadow too light when pasting to Photoshop

Contributor ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue happens when taking a window screenshot and copying it (instead of saving to file):

Shift-Ctrl-Cmd-4 > press space key > click to copy screenshot.

If you then paste the screenshot into Photoshop, the window shadow almost disappears. No such issue when pasting to Preview - shadow remains intact.

If I save screenshot to file (instead of copying), then open the file in Photoshop, the shadow is correct.

This behavior started a few years ago. Prior to this I could paste screenshots with no issues.

It's not the end of the world as I still can just open the file - but it would be nice to skip this step as back in the day.

I wonder if anyone knows why it happens and if there's a solution?

Thanks,

Leo

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Mac screenshots issue: window shadow too light when pasting to Photoshop

Contributor ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue happens when taking a window screenshot and copying it (instead of saving to file):

Shift-Ctrl-Cmd-4 > press space key > click to copy screenshot.

If you then paste the screenshot into Photoshop, the window shadow almost disappears. No such issue when pasting to Preview - shadow remains intact.

If I save screenshot to file (instead of copying), then open the file in Photoshop, the shadow is correct.

This behavior started a few years ago. Prior to this I could paste screenshots with no issues.

It's not the end of the world as I still can just open the file - but it would be nice to skip this step as back in the day.

I wonder if anyone knows why it happens and if there's a solution?

Thanks,

Leo

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 08, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to have a look at colour profiles. Compare your saved screenshot verses the screenshot you are pasting into Photoshop. Are their colour profiles different?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 08, 2020 0
leo_r LATEST
Contributor ,
Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Michael,

I just checked - and they have the same color profile: Display

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 09, 2020 0