• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac Sierra compatibility with PS6 and LR6 standalone software

Participant ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Lightroom 6.12, Photoshop CS6 Version 13.0.6 x64 and most importantly Bridge CS6 5.0.2.4.  As I understand it these are the latest updates that you can get on Lightroom, Bridge, and Photoshop CS6 products (please correct me if I'm wrong).

I'm told I need to upgrade to the Mac Sierra operating system, but in the past have had a problem when software isn't compatible.  I use all three of these all the time.  Will I have a problem if I upgrade to Sierra?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 26, 2017 Aug 26, 2017

That sure is strange about Lighroom disappearing.

I've heard of that happening on windows with overzealous virus scanners, but never on a mac.

You might as well try Sierra, since 10.9 is getting dated and actually the lightroom system

requirements list 10.10 as minimum for versions newer than 6.6.1, so maybe that has something to

do with lr disappearing.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of mac os x are you using now?

Mac os x 10.10 and 10.11 are still get security updates from apple, so if have one of those, i don't know that upgrading is a must for security reasons.

Anyway, both photoshop cs6, bridge cs6 and Lightroom 6 seem to work okay on this macOS Sierra 10.12.6 install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 26, 2017 Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, Thanks for responding.  I am running OS X 10.9.5 which Apple told me is from 2013.  My problem is that every 8 or 9 months my entire Lightroom application disappears from my computer.  This has happened several times both on my laptop and desktop.  I've been using Lightroom since it was invented and I am no novice to computers so I know I had nothing to do with it.  I turn off my computer at night and the next morning it is gone and I have to reinstall it completely.  It's a pain to reinstall but one day it's going to happen to me on a job where I don't have wifi and that will be unacceptable.  I called Adobe about this and they swear I have to take care of it on the Apple side.  Adobe says Apple can run logs and see where the problem might be happening.  But when I call Apple they say they can't help me unless I'm running the most current operating system. 

Other stupid things like my phone not syncing with the old OS happen too, but I don't really care about that so much.  I intend to place another post on this forum about my LR disappearing, because I can't believe I'm the only one this happens to.

But you say there are no problems with Mac Sierra?  then I guess I should try it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2017 Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That sure is strange about Lighroom disappearing.

I've heard of that happening on windows with overzealous virus scanners, but never on a mac.

You might as well try Sierra, since 10.9 is getting dated and actually the lightroom system

requirements list 10.10 as minimum for versions newer than 6.6.1, so maybe that has something to

do with lr disappearing.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines