Highlighted

Mac to Pc

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I no longer have a disk and have wanted to transfer my copy of Photoshop to my laptop and/or iPad. If I try to burn a disk it is not a usuable program. Any help?

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Mac to Pc

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I no longer have a disk and have wanted to transfer my copy of Photoshop to my laptop and/or iPad. If I try to burn a disk it is not a usuable program. Any help?

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Photoshop are you using and what operating system is on your laptop?

If you are using Photoshop CC then just download the desktop app onto your laptio and install Photoshop from there. The license allows activation on two devices (although you can only uise one at a time).

iPad is separate and requires you to install the specific Photoshop application for the ipad, which is part of CC plans that include Photoshop

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/photoshop/system-requirements-ios.html

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 1
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have CS5.1 I have the whole Creative Suite but I would love to at least keep Photoshop. This laptop has Windows 10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That will not be possible CS5 was platform dependant.  You could only switch platform if you were using the current photoshop version.  The only iPad Photoshop version is the current version and it does not have all of desktop Photoshop features

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So even though I still have my serial numer, unless I buy Photoshop again I am out of luck?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As JJMack said, yes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0
JJMack LATEST
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can not buy Photoshop it Adobe property and the no longer marker perpetual version of Photoshop. Photoshop is only available as subscription software currently.

You CS5 license is still valid and useable on mac running old Apple system software  you purchased CS5 for.  Apple made changes to their OS. Adobe's Perpetual versions of Photoshop are not compatible will Apples changes.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last time Photoshop was on a disc was CS6 which is long gone. Mac and PC versions required a separate license purchase. Same went for language packs. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to what Dave said, before CC the disks and licenses were for either Mac or for Windows and were not interchangeable, although for a small fee you could switch platforms with a current version. I remember switching from Windows to Mac with CS2 or CS3 when OpenType meant I didn't have to work on Windows anymore. I paid $5.00 at the time. It had to be when the version was current, though.

CC is cross platform.

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing, but nothing, can be transferred from PC/Mac to iPad. It can only run iPad software, and it can only come from the App Store - not web sites, not disks, not even other iPads. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 1