Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHY ?

MAC Yosemite PS CC=brush LAG??!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2014 Nov 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I FOUND SOMETHIng.... I don't know if this will work on your photoshop, but when I activate the rulers (ctrl+R) for some reason photoshop's hand / panning tool is laggy and  the brushes don't work well and become laggy,  BUT,  When I deactivate the rulers is smooth and no laggy again!!! even the brushes go back to normal, let me know if this work with you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes,deactivate the rulers is better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, isn't that something. Deactivating the rulers cleared mine up as well.

I was going nuts here. I followed all the advice and nothing worked. Rulers. What a mess up on APPLE's part. I started thinking it was Wacom.

I had zero lag on my system before I upgraded to Yosemite - and even after the upgrade, I shouldn't have it. Running an iMac Quad-Core fully maxxed system (32GB RAM, 2GB Vid) there should be no issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2014 Nov 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah. It's weird, but deactivating the rulers in PS CC 2014 also worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2014 Dec 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW! That resolved my problem! 😮

Thanks man, a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2015 Feb 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me too! Thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2014 Nov 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES! rulers worked for me, have to turn them on and off when i need to make guides but otherwise seems to have fixed the problem.

I say it's adobes  fault, so they best fix it quick. Though I don't care who fixes it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2014 Dec 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. I've had a new mac 27" for about a month, and CC for the same time.

I have driven myself into madness trying to work out where the lag was coming from.

RULERS.

TURN THEM OFF!!

It fixed all of my problems and saved me about $110, since I was going to buy a tablet tomorrow to see if that sorted it.

RULERS. DISABLE THEM!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2014 Dec 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem. Yosemite and CC 2014. Nothing solve my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2014 Dec 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off the rulers, actually works in Photoshop, but not in Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 31, 2014 Dec 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turning off rulers worked for me. So dumb...

There's a similar bug in Flash. If you want to use the brush with weight sensitivity and don't first select the pencil tool, Flash will crash every single time. Not sure why it takes years to solve simple bugs (not to mention the brushes in Flash being like vector brushes from the 90's). Be nice to see a vector brush tool in both p-shop and flash that's up to actual 21st century 'professional' standards like Disney is using/inventing. Trying To Woo Animators, Disney Accidentally Invents “The Paperman Method” ⚙ Co.Labs ⚙ code + commun...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2015 Jan 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JUST UNINSTALL AND REINSTALL PHOTOSHOP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2015 Feb 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

February 6th, 2015 and my Lag issue is finally fixed. I'm running a top-end, loaded 27" iMac, 32gb, top end video card, etc and had a horrible case of brush lag and ALL of the others issues mentioned in this string. I did EVERYTHING that Adobe and Wacom suggested and nothing worked....UNTIL I downloaded and installed the Menus, shortcuts, Lasso tool, or Photoshop stop working when using a Wacom tablet | Mac OS plug in. Sure enough, it worked! No more lag problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2015 Feb 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had major performance issues with Photoshop CS6 and CC2014 after upgrading to Yosemite. Before the upgrade, I could watch movies, listen to music, stream video, use Google Hangouts and use Photoshop without any issues (even all at the same time!). I upgraded and I noticed if I had any media playing whatsoever, that Photoshop would lag horribly. It was unusable. I couldn't even watch a Youtube video or listen to Spotify without PS lagging very badly (beach ball pinwheeling, lagging for 5-10 secs on each action and keyboard shortcuts would stop working).

Looking for solutions, nothing seemed to work. Then I tried deleting/removing preferences in Photoshop and that seemed to finally do the trick for my Mac (mid 2012 MBPro Retina 13" 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3)! The solution is above, or right here for quick reference:

http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2012/07/photoshop-basic-troubleshooting-steps-to-fix-most-issues.h...

I tried installing the menu plugin, but that just seemed to make everything slower and worse for me. I had turned off FileVault, in PS CS6 I turned off the Graphics Processor Settings, I tried a ton of things, but mostly I just stopped using Photoshop. Thanks so much for this solution that worked for me! I am happy to use Photoshop again, since it's a major part of my illustration workflow. I hope it helps someone else too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 22, 2015 Feb 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Join the club! ;-(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 23, 2015 Feb 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi People

One thing that worked for me was going to your 'Wacom Tablet Preferences' and turning off 'Tip Double Click Distance'. I'm having less problems and hopefully will help you guys.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2015 Mar 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant believe Photoshop has this megabug with the rulers.

I deactivated the rulers and the lag disappears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 03, 2015 Mar 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple is aware of the OS performance bug with drawing rulers, and working on a solution for a future update of MacOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2015 Mar 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very good, now I would only like to make sure, that Adobe is also aware of very poor performance of Illustrator in OS X on new mac pro (2013).

Seriously? We pay 4000+€ for a machine to work on, and then Adobe decides it is best to give hardware rendering support for illustrator for Nvidia and Windows only. Way to get rid of your customers as same as Apple.

To fix Photoshop things Apple needs more than 6 months and you Adobe didn't do much to help it seems. What I mean is that Photoshop was originally made for mac, but now it runs everywhere else better than on mac. Even Apple make new computer with dual GPU where one GPU is dedicated for computations, but you make no improvements on basic things like brush tool to take advantage of that new hardware.

Adobe and Apple should work more closely, they should make new computers and make sure everything runs smoothly on them, and you Adobe should make sure to fix bugs and make use of new hardware and features. It's totally not funny buying computer for a big price and then watch 1FPS while working in Illustrator or Photoshop. It is more than 1 year after this mac pro model release and almost 6 months of Yosemite release (you also have beta access before release to test things and to prepare) and we are still in bugs over our heads that should never even be released by Apple.

Sorry to be so critical, but we are actually paying for "premium", but we are not getting it. And yes, I count your software as "premium" as it is best on market and offering much more, but still instead of releasing constantly new version every year, take a break, deep breath and make next version only a fix and support to new hardware. More than new shiny features we need flawless performance and best use of hardware we (over)pay for. Apple and Adobe should be ashamed about your care of most paying customers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 04, 2015 Apr 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand your frustration, but Adobe informed Apple of the MacOS 10.10 bugs as soon as they were found.  We are eagerly awaiting MacOS bug fixes just as much as you are.

And Adobe does optimize for both platforms, all GPUs, and all new hardware that we have access to.

If Photoshop runs better on one system, that says more about the system than the Photoshop code.

Note that most of these issues did not exist in MacOS 10.7, 10.8, or 10.9 -- and were introduced in MacOS 10.10.  (a few were introduced in earlier MacOS releases, and just not resolved yet)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically cant use the paintbrush in photoshop.

Ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ongoing issue with adobe and they continually blame apple OS... wish those two would start talking to each other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We do talk, but we have to wait for Apple to fix the bugs in Apple's OS code.

We already work around as many Apple OS bugs as we can, but we can't work around all of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't mean to be a S.A. Chris... just very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2015 Apr 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

omg yes deactivating rulers worked!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines