Highlighted

macOS Catalina: Keyboard shortcuts disabled when typing or editing filename in Save for Web dialog

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Photoshop 21.0.1 on macOS Catalina 10.15.1.

When I use Save for Web (Legacy), I can't use keyboard shortcuts (eg. copy/paste) in the filename that I'm creating. This also applies to using the macOS menubar (Edit -> Copy/Paste).

Oddly enough, if I right-click within the filename field to bring up the context menu, I can use Copy/Paste successfully.

Quite frustrating because it means I can't paste in product codes etc. when creating imges for the web, rather I have to type them manually or right-click for the Paste option.

Correct answer by Benjipnz | Community Beginner

Guys & gals, it's a pre-Christmas miracle – after 11 months, I am delighted to post that this issue has been fixed in today's Photoshop 2021 major update!

Frankly I'm surprised that it wasn't a headline announcement at the Adobe conference as it's definitely the best thing to happen this year for my workflow.

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

macOS Catalina: Keyboard shortcuts disabled when typing or editing filename in Save for Web dialog

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Photoshop 21.0.1 on macOS Catalina 10.15.1.

When I use Save for Web (Legacy), I can't use keyboard shortcuts (eg. copy/paste) in the filename that I'm creating. This also applies to using the macOS menubar (Edit -> Copy/Paste).

Oddly enough, if I right-click within the filename field to bring up the context menu, I can use Copy/Paste successfully.

Quite frustrating because it means I can't paste in product codes etc. when creating imges for the web, rather I have to type them manually or right-click for the Paste option.

Correct answer by Benjipnz | Community Beginner

Guys & gals, it's a pre-Christmas miracle – after 11 months, I am delighted to post that this issue has been fixed in today's Photoshop 2021 major update!

Frankly I'm surprised that it wasn't a headline announcement at the Adobe conference as it's definitely the best thing to happen this year for my workflow.

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 12, 2019 1
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That isn't a great user experience as keyboard shortcuts in Photoshop 2020 are not working as expected on Mac OS 10.15.1, we're sorry to hear about this. Let us help make it right.

Could you try resetting Photoshop's preferences & see if it helps? 
https://t.co/ulJI7cGn1G

You may want to backup your settings beforehand: 
https://t.co/4dX7gkr36D

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same issue where I can't use keyboard shortcuts (copy/paste). I've tried resetting Photoshop's preferences, but that didn't solve the issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2019 2
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully we can get some action on this one, it's super frustrating.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2019 0
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue on iOS. Latest version of Photoshop CC, when saving a file, I can't copy & paste the filename. I am forced to right-click the filenaming area and paste it that way. It expands my working time with at least 10 seconds per image I need to save, because they need different names.

I strongly suggest you'll fix this instantly, because damn my workload got quite a bit longer for something that usually took me half the time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 17, 2019 2
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea when we can expect this issue to be resolved? Will Photoshop 2021 we released with this bug too? This issue adds a lot of extra time to a task that used to be simple and quick. It's become so bad that I will need to look for an alternate software.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 21, 2020 1
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please give us an update on when this will get fixed???

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 15, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Adobe have any plans on fixing this???

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 15, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not likely. Usually they just suggest basic stuff like "reset your preferences", "reinstall the entire macOS" or "buy a new conputer" because they don't want the hassle of fixing what seems like a simple issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 15, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah and we get to pay them monthly so they can break stuff that has worked for 15+ years only for them not to fix them.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still nothing? Why does Adobe XD receive weekly updates, while Photoshop receives nothing for a MAJOR issue?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 08, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hoping the latest Photoshop update would fix this issue, but instead all we got was a new icon. Will we every get a fix for something that worked before the 2020 update? Can someone from Adobe respond? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 25, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another Photoshop update and this still doesn't work. Do you have any plans on fixing this issue?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ugh. same issue. got a new iMac and did a fresh install of everything only to run into this issue. seems so minor to fix.

PS 21.2

Catalina 10.15.5

Hey Adobe support, how about some help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 30, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now if we can only get the issue with saving a file name and not having the entire name highlighted which includes the extension. I like to keep my extension static when saving same file types .jpg .psd. tif etc....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 0
Benjipnz LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something to look forward to at the end of 2021 I guess! 🤣

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 0