Highlighted

Magic wand missing the "Layer selection" option

Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm trying to make selecting my flats faster by using the magic wand tool from a diferent layer while, i'm coloring but it seems the option for "layer selection" (which would allow me to set the flats as a reference layer for the magic wand) is completely missing

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Magic wand missing the "Layer selection" option

Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm trying to make selecting my flats faster by using the magic wand tool from a diferent layer while, i'm coloring but it seems the option for "layer selection" (which would allow me to set the flats as a reference layer for the magic wand) is completely missing

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post some screenshot with problem visible please?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you activate the Sample All Layers option, the Magic Wand will make a selection based on the content of all of the layers. If this option is turned off, the selection will be based on the active layer within the Layers panel.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that, and the selections are just all over the place, it really
doesn't work especially when the flats are hidden by the color layers

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines