• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MAJOR performance issues with last update! - Photoshop 21.1 macOS Mojave 10.14.6

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im on MacOS Mojave 10.14.6 (iMac 27inch, Late 2013 - 3,4 i5 with 16gb of ram)

Photoshop 2020 version 21.1

I dont understand what has happened in this new version but im getting TREMENDOUS lag while doing basic things such as using the polygonal lasso tool or brushing in masks. Ive never had this before and now its all stutters and lag. In some cases the brush strokes take up to 6 seconds to appear. Also, in the middle of using the polygonal lasso tool for complicated selections, the mac's own screensaver will suddenly activate, as if i wasnt using the mouse when I clearly was? This last update is FULL of performance bugs. It makes no difference weather i use the graphics card for performance or not.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to learn about the performance issues with Photoshop, could you please try the steps mentioned here and let us know if it helps? https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done everything in that guide. Tried multiple things. Nothing.

The biggest offenders are the polygonal lasso tool, and the standard brush which i use to fill in masks. Its lag and stutter land. Its almost impossible to work with so much lag and stutter. Would you like to see a video of this problem in action?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, the longer I work on a file, the slower photoshop becomes at everything, including selecting tools or menu items.

Please keep in mind, Photoshop was working smoothly before the last update and I have not changed my hardware or software in any way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is your scratch disk located?

Are you working on the same HD as the application and scratch disk?

If so, how much free space is available on your HD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same SSD drive im working on is the scratch disk (I only have one). I have 500GB of free space on it, so I doubt that is the issue. Id like you to read this post which is experiencing basically the same problems I'm having:  https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/massive-performance-issues-with-ps-21-01-1-20...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am Facig the same problem with my macbook pro, application keeps crashing and closing itself, i read a solution on this site motivational quotes but it doesn't helped.

(spam link behind "motivational quotes" removed)

[Message from moderator: Do not add URLs/websites to your signature or your account will be banned]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you elaborate on "facing the same problem?

There are a lot of different issues being floated around on this thread.

Also can you specify which Mac OS, Hardware specs and specific version Photoshop you are running?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can it be so simple that latest Photoshop is more designed for Catalina and coming systems than it is for  Mojave? I have the same problem, very annoying when you are working and get interrupt by the beach ball. I had Catalina for a short while on my other SSD, installed via patcher, and there I didn’t have this problem, at least not the little I tried. Then I realized it’s impossible to download and install small upgrades in Catalina if you don’t erase the whole disc, so I degraded to Mojave. I’m stuck with this Mac Pro 5.1, more or less.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines