• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Majority of the patterns I made have disappeared. What did I do wrong?

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, 

New user here. I've recently been designing textile pieces for a portfolio using the pattern tool in photoshop to make repeating patterns so they can be printed. I need to show progress/development for my ideas, and I thought I would do this by printing the up to 50 patterns that I had saved when you create a new pattern when I was trying different styles out (positioning, size, colour etc.). I was getting ready to print out all of these as evidence for my asseessor when I opened the patterns tab to discover maybe only ten of my oldest patterns. I looked everywhere I could think of but I cant find my patterns anywhere. I've accepted theyre lost and its all fixable, but I really want to make sure that I dont inadvertantly lose work again. I dont remember doing anything such as quitting photoshop before saving, or having problems synching (apart from a copy of a document apparently being corrupt or something?) but who knows. Does anyone have an idea of what might've happened to my work? It was very confusing and distressing to see them gone since I had closed photoshop so many times and they had always been there when I opened the patterns winder regardless. Silly of me to assume they saved automatically, and I will now be taking photos of my work.

Thank you in advance for any replies!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running Mac or Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

macbook pro. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I,m a Windows user, so I don't know where things are in OSX, but search your computer for a file named "Patterns.psp". How large is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines