• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make a complex image rainbow colors style to stroke Gradiant

Explorer ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, as the title reffering, i am struggling to create a stroke similar to a rainbow colors, i really wanna know if there's a way to convert an image style to a stroke and i can repeating everytime to get the same effect, i tried to make it manually but it's really time consuming and it's not at all the same result that i am looking for,for more details i hope that you check the attached image of what i am looking for.

thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

You could look into Scripted Patterns in Photoshop, I guess, or you could take Semaphoric’s advice and use Illustrator. 

Screenshot 2020-05-24 at 10.36.34.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would say brushstrokes on an empty layer, with Bevel and Emboss, and Gradient Overlay / Linear / Angle 90° / Probably a Noise Gradient with a medium Roughnes. Click on the Gradient bar in the Gradient Overlay tab to open the Gradient Editor, which is where you set the Noise Gradient.

Not that; I was looking at "your" image. The one yiou are after looks like it was done with an Art Brush in Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Semaphoric, thanks for the replay, i really don't know how it's made, but is possible to create that patern of colors than assign it somehow to the stroke gradiant, you gave me an idea which what i was suggesting, is to make the same colors patern than repeat it as a loop but how is that possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could look into Scripted Patterns in Photoshop, I guess, or you could take Semaphoric’s advice and use Illustrator. 

Screenshot 2020-05-24 at 10.36.34.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your help i have managed to define the colors as a patern than used it,

but as you can see there's a problem in the edges it's not filling that with anything, can you show me how to fix that thanks in advance

PytGamer_1-1590328948317.png

and this the problem in Photoshop

straighten colors.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2020-05-24 at 16.36.40.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or use an Art Brush. 

Screenshot 2020-05-24 at 16.40.05.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your replay, i really have no clue what you just did there, i have never used Illustrator before, just working on Photoshop, can you walk me through the steps if there's no problems thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You created a Pattern Brush, right? 

For that one can define separate elements for »inside« and »outside« corners – but one has to define them as Patterns first, then select them in the Brush dialog. (the two green/yellow-squares in the screenshot)

An Art Brush will just wrao the element »around« a Path, so I made five copies of the six color fields, moved them so they didn’t overlap and used that for the Brush. 

Either way can still result in unwanted effects on corners, though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though i didn't get the full answer, i gave you the correct answer, thanks mate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines