Highlighted

Make a picture take a certain shape

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I would like to know how to make a picture take the shape of an object I have and just fill it.

Adnan7_0-1605656164788.png

Here I have the red picture that I'm trying to fit inside the orange rectangle but I don't know how. 

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

TOPICS
How to, Make It

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Make a picture take a certain shape

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I would like to know how to make a picture take the shape of an object I have and just fill it.

Adnan7_0-1605656164788.png

Here I have the red picture that I'm trying to fit inside the orange rectangle but I don't know how. 

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

TOPICS
How to, Make It

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 17, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can mask a layer to have some shape and you can distort a layer to have some shape.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Comp.jpg

Assuming the shape is on the bottom layer and the Image is on the layer above it, use the Move tool to position the image over the shape area.

Then use Edit > Transform > Scale to enlarge the image to fill the shape area (I put this on a separate layer for demo purposes)

Last, use the black area of the shape layer to create and position a mask, as shown

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2020 0