• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make a transparant gif from transparant psd ?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a line drawing with transparant background in psd. I want to make a transparant gif or png. When I save the psd as pgn , I see a gray colored background. When I save the psd as gif, the whole picture is black (background + line drawing). What do I wrong ? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not save a psd? 

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Channels, Options Bar, …) visible and one with the File > Export > Save for Web-settings you chose when creating the png? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Dutch version of Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not use the psd? 

You have Matte set to white apparently, try »None«. 

Please try png-24 from Save for Web. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»No effect.«

You mean setting the Matte to None? 

Please post screenshots and the resulting gif. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the document you're trying to export have a "checkerboard" inside Photoshop as a background (that's transparency)?

How are you saving the image? Are you using Export As... ?

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an checkerboard inside. I used save as fuction, but the export fuction has same problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PNG export, as you showed in one of your screenshots, shows transparency. Are you saying that when you export using this method (Save AS..) transparency disappears when you reopen the image?

Where are you opening the exported image?

Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats right. You can open the PNG file in every tool you like. I like to publish the picture on the web. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at your screenshots - it looks like the background is not completely transparent - it looks like there is gray in there. Your checkerboard is not as bright as it should be. Click in the "transparent area" with the magic wand tool and see if there are pixels in there, delete and try again. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist><br />Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

so it looks like you have only one transparent layer, and everything looks right in both Save for Web and Export As Dialogue boxes. I would do a file save as with a new name and see if that does anything, if not, restart Photoshop. Perhaps delete the preferences by opening Photoshop and holding Down Command+Shift+Option (Ctrl+Alt=Shift fro Win). And see if that helps.

Otherwise you can upload the file here so I can take a look at it for you, and export it if need be.

Thanks,

mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the PSD file ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks. It worked just fine for me. So I would suggest deleting your preferences as I mentioned above. And or even restart your entire machine.

Here is a screen share showing how it looks on my computer, and I exported a transparent GIF and a PNG for you as well(attached).

Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 2.59.24 PM.png

cheers,

mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to everyone. I consider case closed, although there remain some questions....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can mark the answer Correct to close this case, or ask more questions or start a new post with your questions.

Enjoy the day.

mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any more questions let us know.

Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines