Highlighted

Make All Layers Visible

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working on a big file that has many layers sorted into groups and all of a sudden I find that all the layers within each group have become invisible. I normally click on a group and that group then becomes visible, but now it does not because all the layers within it have become invisible. In order to make the whole group visible I have to now open it and click the Eye icon on every layer and open every group within the group and do the same.

How has this happened? And surely there must be an easier way to make all the layers within a group visible? I've searched for ages, looked in the instructions, but no luck.

Does anyone understand what I mean?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Make All Layers Visible

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working on a big file that has many layers sorted into groups and all of a sudden I find that all the layers within each group have become invisible. I normally click on a group and that group then becomes visible, but now it does not because all the layers within it have become invisible. In order to make the whole group visible I have to now open it and click the Eye icon on every layer and open every group within the group and do the same.

How has this happened? And surely there must be an easier way to make all the layers within a group visible? I've searched for ages, looked in the instructions, but no luck.

Does anyone understand what I mean?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 27, 2010 0
LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that there's an easy way to show/hide the layers from only one group but you can right+click on one of the layer/group eyeballs and select Show/Hide all other layers (usually needs to be done twice) to show all the layers minus sometimes the layer that you right+clicked on and the group that it's a part of if.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2010 1
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Zeno. I tried right clicking the 'eye' yesterday but didn't see those options. Now it's brought all the layers back, all at once!!!! Looks a right mess and took ages to display, but that's excellent, got them all back now. But I don't understand why they all dissappeared in the first place. Suppose I must have accidentally right clicked the eyeball and hidden them all. Anyway, thanks. All's well with world again now

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 28, 2010 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can script this as an Action.  While this thread is a year old anyone searching can make all hidden layers visible in photoshop.

Start an action, right-click Show / Hide all other layers on a layer comp (in this case).  Then right-click on the comp again and Show This Layer.  Save. Close.

your script will run this ...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 19, 2011 1
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry because I'm 10 years late but Ctrl+Alt+A then Ctrl+,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0