• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make an object curl round 300 degrees

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies in advance for the noob question (and the terible attempt of 3D collar), but I am self taught after all!...

When I make a 3D model, how can I curl it around to make to object all most go 360 degrees without actually going 360 degrees?

I'm trying to make a cat collar that almost closes but doesn't quite.

Ewan5C07_0-1615010594135.png

Ewan5C07_1-1615010795964.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would have to fiddle with the bend and twist modifiers. Not particularly intuitive, but doable.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mylenium!

I've tried so many twists, bends etc. but I can only get them to work on the front or back, not the side. If I could select the right hand side, and bend it from there at around 270 degrees, that would be perfect, but I cannot find a way of doing this.

Do you know how to bend on a particular side?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Photoshop, you can only bend and twist the extrusion which if you made the front shape and extruded it to get the thickness means that your twisting is limited to twisting that thickness.

You would be better working in a 3D modelling application, for example Blender 3D which is free, which would allow you the full freedom to bend and twist in any direction.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines