• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making an image look like its on a canvas?

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2012 Jan 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I am using Photoshop CS5, I generally find it very good and love the features it gives me, i however am having trouble trying to achieve something but i dont know if it can be done,

I am going to be selling Canvas Prints and i dont know if theres anyway i can make a jpg image look like its on a canvas or even turn the image to a canvas design, this includes making it look 3d. The reason for doing this is it will save me having to manufacture every single image i have onto a canvas for a photo.

I hope somebody can help me

Regards

Lee

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can have your image printed on canvas stock and buy canvas stock for many inkjet printers.  If your asking how does one add a fake canvas texture to an image Photoshop has a filter that support 8bit documents that can add a canvas texture to a layer.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont know if you know exactly what i mean, If you opened up a normal jpg in photoshop, is there anyway you can make the image look like its on a canvas. So when i use that photo to send to somebody to them it will look like a canvas already made... to save me building one just to take a photo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All you need then is Canvas muckups. There is plenty of choices if you just google it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! To fake canvas in Photoshop, try Filter>Texture>Texturizer, and select canvas or burlap as texture.

Artistic>Underpainting is an alternative. (or you could combine them)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works well. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked perfectly for me. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could take one good picture of your canvas en reuse it.

Place it as a layer on top of the image and try out some belending styles, like Multiply. You can lower the opacity of the layer if desired.

Make sure to make the canvas-layer a Smart object so you can resize is with less quality loss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2012 Jan 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do use Harrie's great idea, make sure that you put a light almost parallel to your canvas, to show its texture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2014 May 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

…put a light almost parallel to your canvas…

How do you do that?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use either the Texturizer filter or a Pattern Overlay.  You can add different texture images in both cases to increase the number that are there at the start.  You will want to change the Blending Mode. The Pattern Stamp tool allows you to load a number of Photoshop artist surfaces including canvasses, which can be used as a Pattern Overlay.  There are many different kids of canvas in real life and the Pattern Stamp feature contains a few of them.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines