• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Manage brush size with wacom: how avoid irritating pop-up brush menu?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2018 Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using the wacom tablet for years to manage my brush size and harshness on the fly with the lower button of the pen. Recently, I have uprgaded to the new Wacom Intuos pro. After installing the same pen-settings, there is quite an annoying problem. When using the pen for enlarging or decreasing the brush size, it doesn't do the job but instead lets the fly-out menu of brush settings pop up the screen. After trying multiple times the normal function takes the winning hand again. But this is irritating, as it slows down my workflow considerably.

I have been looking for a solution on the internet, but have found none. Anyone any idea??

Thanks in advance! Rob

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set the bottom pen button to Alt+Right Click When you hover the pen over the tablet  press that button the move the pen up,down and left,right the adjust brush size and hardness

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks JJ! But sorry, doesn't work, the only thing that happens is the popping up of the flout brush menu -:(. Not even a chance for altering size and hardness.

(I have set the pen settings to alt-ctrl-left-right. It used to work perfectly ....)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that does not work somthing is interfearing with Adobe Photoshop's feature. Reset you Photoshop Preferences and Tools. If the does not fix your problem. Do a search for problems with that feature.

https://forums.adobe.com/search.jspa?sort=updatedDesc&place=%2Fplaces%2F1413024&q=Alt+Right+Click+Br...

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love this feature! However, it doesn't appear to work with Illustrator. Is the keystroke different for that program? If so, what setting should I use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop 2019, at least with the Intous Pen & Touch, the command to size the brush tip is Ctrl + Alt + right-click and drag right/left.  Up and down changes the Opacity. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sue, This works beautifully!! Thank you so much. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After a little experimenting I found that checking left alt AND right alt and Clicks = right works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines