Highlighted

many Brush elements are not 100% transparent

Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I've spent 5 hours and cannot figure out.... many elements (stars, shapes, distress etc) under Brush, are not 100% transparent, but like 90% transparent.... here what I tried.... and the setting.... please aid

thanks 

https://youtu.be/4sIwdv24Esc

https://youtu.be/TUc8_1A1LXw

https://youtu.be/Mn9mp1wUBdQ

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
TOPICS
Feature request, How to, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

many Brush elements are not 100% transparent

Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I've spent 5 hours and cannot figure out.... many elements (stars, shapes, distress etc) under Brush, are not 100% transparent, but like 90% transparent.... here what I tried.... and the setting.... please aid

thanks 

https://youtu.be/4sIwdv24Esc

https://youtu.be/TUc8_1A1LXw

https://youtu.be/Mn9mp1wUBdQ

TOPICS
Feature request, How to, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 13, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The opacity has to do with how the brush was made. If the images wasn't black - maybe it was dark gray - then it won't be 100% opaque. PS uses black and white and shades of gray for transparency in brushes. Make a new one and make sure it's 100% black - 0, 0, 0 rgb.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same thing.... the issue in something else I guess...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2020 0
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a mouse or a tablet? Have you checked the settings for your brush pressure? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use PC. does it have brush pressure? (i'm newbie with PS btw :))

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you maybe be right, and I may do something wrong? is there a video I can follow to see - to see the proper creation steps? thanks a lot! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how to make a new brush>? 😉

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you could share video, i just tried 20 times with different background and foreground... and it's still not 100% transparent... are your elements (stars, leaves, shapes etc) 100% transparent on text? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2020 0
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an oldie but goodie video on youtube - youtube.com/watch?v=3uOCcbjgCWo

I show you how to make a brush in this video. I'm sure you can find lots of other videos, too. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed all the steps, but it seems the brush (default stars, leaves and shapes/distress etc) is still not 100% transparent. Could you please confirm your brush (default stars, leaves and shapes/distress etc) are 100% transparent on designs/texts? It seems I've tried all the options... either they are by default are not 100% transparent, and I'm doing something wrong....

thnaks a lot! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2020 0
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check the colour you are painting on the mask with? As mentioned by Melissa earlier, it must be completely black i.e. RGB 0,0,0 for full transparency

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think so, how to make sure 100%? could you please tell me the steps to check? (I'm new to PS)

And also, could you confirm that your brush (stars, leaves, shapes) are 100% transparent? thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2020 0
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on your color swatch in your toolbar to bring up the color picker. Make sure you are painting with black - your RGB numbers should be 0,0,0

Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 2.31.29 PM.png

 The default, legacy brushes have been created correctly and will work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alright, i've spent 3 hours.... I think the default PS stars, leaves, shapes are not 100% transparent

here I followed the steps, please confirm https://youtu.be/DKclL_wN5n0

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to click 3-4 times to make it 100% transparent.....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2020 0