• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Many issues with Photoshop 21.2.2

Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the past weeks I've been experiencing more and more issues with Photoshop 2020, to the point where it has almost become unusable. None of these issues were present in photoshop 2019 (to which I'll revert back to now). 

List of the issues below:

- Since of this morning, pen pressure on the wacom tablet is gone (not gone in PS2019)

- When painting with a brush and erasing, the eraser will flip back to the brush without warning between strokes, making me automatically paint over my erased area. 

- Even with a few layers, the hue/saturation slider (ctrl+u) is incredibly sluggish. Overall sluggish performance in general (I run a i9, gtx2080, 64gb ram on Windows 10).

- Selecting layers with ctrl + click is now unreliable. It seems like it only works half of the time, or only when I click multiple times in rapid succession. 

- Transforming objects with free transform is sluggish to the point where I can't accurately resize an object anymore. 

I hope these problems can be addressed, as it has become very frustrating using Photoshop. 

For now I'll switch back to 2019, but it's not a good feeling since we're paying monthly for this program and should be able to use the latest version/features properly. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which OS version and how much RAM?

Have you tried resetting your Photoshop preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 & 64gb RAM.

I haven't tried resetting my preferences yet. I'll do that, although it's not ideal since I use a lot of custom settings. 
Yesterday the pen pressure worked fine, by the way (on PS2020).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sound like you are using a Pen using WinTab Application interface.  Photoshop WinTabs support was broken in CC 209 with  update 20.1. Before that update the Best interface to use for Pen control was to use WinTabs Application interface.  Since  CC 2019 update 20.1   You need to use Windows INK application Interface.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pen pressure worked yesterday though on PS2020. It's since this morning that it stopped working with the new update. Thanks for the advice though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your Performance Prefernces Settings (including the Advanced button)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can report that I've also had issues with the latest release of Photoshop, really bad performance when resizing, the Wacom pressure with windows ink is annoying and a weird bug where switching a layer on and off wouldn't hide or reveal it on the canvas. I am on windows 10, rtx 2080, ryzen 9 3950, 16gb ram.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And using grabby hand just now violently twitched the canvas around (overscrolling on).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By "weird bug where switching a layer on and off wouldn't hide or reveal it on the canvas"  Do you mean you pen is not usable to select or touch items in the layers palette?  I'm trying to find out what Problem Photoshop users are having when they use Windows INK application interface.  I keep reading users have problem.  This is easy to believe for its Photoshop. Still I would like to create a list of Problem that users are having using Windows INK interface with Photoshop.  

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think the layer glitch necessarily had anything to do with windows ink, the layer would just not disappear/reappear, the canvas just stayed static when I toggled layers in the layers palette.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I not trying to point to layer palette problems. If you can not hit what you want to hit in the layer palette with you pen that would  be a pen interface problem an Ink problem. It your problem is you can not open an close items in Photoshop UI with you pen its an INK problem.  INK Problems need to be reported to Adobe.  More and more uses are having problems using Photoshop.  Adobe need to address usability problems.  Adobe does not seem good development practices  too many bugs are released.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had some strange issues too. Most of them are fixed when I close my browser window. I know it sounds unrelated but certain shopping sites seem to be messing with my tablate functions.  I use Chrome and it often happens with Amazon being open and other ad heavy ad sites.  Also this doesn't happen at home on my mac just my windows machine at work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines