• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Marquee Tool bug

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the bad video quality, but if you guys can see, when I using Marquee to select certain area, it just make buggy, random selection

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which exact version of Photoshop? In Photoshop, click Help > System Info and copy-and-paste the first 10 lines.

Windows 10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Photoshop Version: 21.1.0 20200212.r.106 2020/02/12: 4dd027efb58 x64
Number of Launches: 0
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
Version: 10 or greater 10.0.18362.329
System architecture: Intel CPU Family:6, Model:14, Stepping:11 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, AVX, AVX2
Physical processor count: 4
Processor speed: 3600 MHz
Built-in memory: 12137 MB
Free memory: 7767 MB
Memory available to Photoshop: 11096 MB
Memory used by Photoshop: 70 %

Hi, im using photoshop 2020, on Windowns 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Can you show us a screen shot of your document window with the Marquee tool selected so we can see the options bar? Also are you using a mouse or a Wacom tablet to create your Marquee selection?

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, It happen for both Regtangle and Eclipse Marquee(not sure about the other 2). Im using mouse to make selection, but I also have a Wacom CTL-470 plugged in for drawing

Another issue I noticed that when that bug happen:

• Eyedropper tool: no matter what color I pick, it only select background color
  • Hand tool: when panning with buggy selection still selected, the scrên move to center and the file frozen(not the app)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was there a solution on this issue. I have the same issue and a few of my co-workers hav ethis issue as well it come up a few times a week.  I restart photoshop to fix it. I have a Windows 10 machine with a cintiq 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same im having the same issues. i tried uninstalled and reinstalling, issue still comes up

Adobe Photoshop Version: 21.1.1 20200312.r.121 2020/03/12: c839971b587 x64
Number of Launches: 12
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
Version: 10 or greater 10.0.18362.329
System architecture: Intel CPU Family:6, Model:14, Stepping:12 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, AVX, AVX2
Physical processor count: 8
Processor speed: 3600 MHz
Built-in memory: 16303 MB
Free memory: 10589 MB
Memory available to Photoshop: 14915 MB
Memory used by Photoshop: 71 %

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sombody Please help co-workers are haviong the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using WinTab API with Photoshop and your Wacom  You will have issues Adobe broke Photoshop WinTab ssupport in Update 21.1  Switch to using Windows INK...

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply

The problem seem to happen when using Wacom(mine is CTL-470)

Im not familiar with neither WinTab API nor Windows INK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the same problem under Windows 10 in Photoshop 2020 (R 21.2.1). 

Currently occurring bug in Photoshop: Selections are off-position and have random shapes. Happens with Marque and Lasso Selection Tool. Current Workaround: Ctrl + 0 to go to original pixel size seems to temporarily fix it. What this does NOT fix is the positioning error the window has. When zoomed in, after repositioning, it just snaps back to the original position.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the tool option bar feathering setting is set to 0 and anti-aliasing is not checked. and your not using pen WinTab support.

image.png

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. I can not use this tool anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Doug can you start a new thread please?

Tell us your Photoshop and operating system versions.

Describe what is happening,  i.e. is the tool icon greyed out? Or not showing in the toolbar?

When it started happening and if this was after installing an update or anything similar?

What have you tried? i.e restarting computer and Photoshop.  Restting Workspace. Restting Tools. Resetting Preferences.

Anything else that might be relevant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines