• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mask Inversion causes selections/layers to move out of place?

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I add a mask to a layer and then invert that mask, it causes the selection on that layer to shift over for some reason. See screenshots attached for what I mean, exactly. Those little shapes are supposed to line up close to the lines but when I invert the layer, it all moves over. 

I noticed this issue happen in earlier layers too but it wasn't too important until now. 

It only happens when I invert the layer. Any way to fix this? Am I doing something wrong? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Odd behaviour indeed. Have you tried resetting the Photoshop Preferences?

Within the Photoshop Preferences and within the General tab, look for the Reset Preferences On Quit button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Without seeing your document I can not tell what is going on,  I do not see anything  I would think is the result of an inverted mask the image content seem to be the same. It looks more like a layer position is being moved the content is not different its moved like the layer content is linked with the layer mask and their position has been shifted. The masks has not been inverted the same content is displayed.

Screen-Shot-2021-02-27-at-2.39.gif

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines