Mask Option Menu Missing

Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Th option to right click on a mask and get the submenu to Apply the Mask or Delete the Mask is NO LONGER available.  The right click now brings up the properties window.  I've successfully got the pressure sensetivity working again with the reinstall of the Wacom drivers but this menu won't work and it is NOT available anywhere from the menu bar.    Here is the MISSING menu and WRONG menu that come up on the right click

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Mask Option Menu Missing

Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Th option to right click on a mask and get the submenu to Apply the Mask or Delete the Mask is NO LONGER available.  The right click now brings up the properties window.  I've successfully got the pressure sensetivity working again with the reinstall of the Wacom drivers but this menu won't work and it is NOT available anywhere from the menu bar.    Here is the MISSING menu and WRONG menu that come up on the right click

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 09, 2020 0
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you give a screenshot for your Layers panel?!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 09, 2020 0
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It's working fine for me with Photoshop version 22.1, tested with the right click of the mouse and Wacom pen, are you sure you're right clicking on the layer mask

What exact version of Photoshop and operating system are you using, can you post a screenshot of the entire PS interface with all the pertinent panels opened

2020-12-09 16_52_58-Window.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 09, 2020 0
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually.. continuing to test... if Windows Ink is on for Photoshop, then NONE of my right click functions are working...    If I turn OFF the Windows Ink setting under the Wacom mapping area, then all the right click funtions work fine, but my pressure sensitivity for my brushes goes away again...     I guess I either get pressure sensitivity or menus that work...  UGH!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 09, 2020 0
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, When Windows Ink is active from the wacom settings for any application, Your pen will not working well and has problems. The wrong Wacom Driver may affect the pen pressure function and make a pen delay. Make sure that your driver is the compitible one with your operation system.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 09, 2020 0
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.. I'm on Windows 10, current version on PS.. just installed this morning and also uninstalled Wacom and reinstalled the latest drivers and did the restarts.   Here are my settings.  wacom setup.JPGwacom 2.JPGPS desktop.JPGPS Version.JPGSystem.JPG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 09, 2020 0
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the pen pressure, you need to create a text file called PSUSerConfig with a .txt extension

2020-12-09 17_58_25-Storage (D_).png

Add the following to the text file

# Use WinTab
UseSystemStylus 0

Save the file to this location

C:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2021\Adobe Photoshop 2021 Settings

2020-12-09 17_54_27-Adobe Photoshop 2021 Settings.png

Disable Windows Ink in the Wacom setting and the pen pressure should work

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 09, 2020 0
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BUT THIS IS THE OLD SOLUTION before Photoshop and Wacom supposedly FIXED it in the latest version!!  What's up with that...  This is what we did back in 2014 when it didn't work....    I thought we were suppose to get Windows Ink and Wacom compaitility with PS in this latest version... 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 09, 2020 0
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe made a change so that pen pressure would work with Windows Ink in a previous version, can't remember exactly which version it was, it was one of the 21.x versions but that caused other issues for people including myself, so they reverted it back to using the PSUSerConfig file again in one of the 21.x versions

Pen pressure works fine for me with that file included and I have no issues with menu items with the Wacom pen with Windows Ink disabled

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 09, 2020 0
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Config Solution Not Working.JPG

The old solution no longer works.  PS is forcing us to turn on Windows Ink.  We need a resolution to the fact that R Click is not working when the Windows Ink is turned on.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 09, 2020 0
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2020-12-09 18_40_24-Untitled-1 @ 50% (RGB_8).png

2020-12-09 18_41_35-Mask Option Menu Missing - Adobe Support Community - 11664295 — Mozilla Firefox.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 09, 2020 0
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.. this is the setup I have on the Wacom software with the PSUserConfig file in the Settings directory but I still get the triangle over the Pressure Sensitivity field. I did a restart... still no luck with the old Stylus solution..

# Use WinTab
UseSystemStylus 0

wacom PS no ink.JPGStill no Pressure.JPG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 0
tlb0955 LATEST
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I THINK I FOUND THE ISSUE and it's not with either WACOM or PS... it is with Windows!   I removed this old solution and began digging into the Windows Pen settings at the system level.  I found this screen from the Control Panel.  The bottom setting was not enabled for right click.  I turn this on.   Then tested again with the Windows Ink turned on with a PS icon in Wacom and I had both pressure on the brushes and my right click menus.  Windows Setting.JPG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 0