• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Masking issues

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The recent update to Photoshop has caused issues with masks on my laptop. It would seem the memory has an issue but the Nicrosoft resourcces report seems to be not to capacity. The issue is when brushing a mask the result isn;t imeadiately visable and requires one of the layerw to be hidden and restored. 

Any thoughts?

i7-4710mq 2x8 gig ddr3l ram onboard video card.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me move this to the Photoshop forum for you, where you are more likely to receive an answer to your question.

The Community Help forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try unchecking legacy compositing in preferences and restarting PS to see if it helps

2020-06-19 08_06_52-Preferences.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you it seems to have done the trick.

I was concerned I would need to roll back the program to and earlier version.

Just a question, what does legacy compositing do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a good question, Adobe introduced a new compositing engine in version CC2019 as far as I remember, the new compositing engine is more GPU intensive whereas the legacy compositing engine is more CPU intensive, so some features now rely more on the GPU rather than the CPU with legacy disabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So for a dedicated graphics card it isn't a problem but as for onboard graphics it is frustrating. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines