Masks Changing when Merging Group

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,
I'm experiencing an issue when merging a group of layers that contains a levels adjustment with a mask - details below:

Here's how the layer appears un-merged: (this is how I'd like to export the image)

Screenshot 2021-01-04 at 12.14.05.png
This is how the layers appear for the image above:

Screenshot 2021-01-04 at 12.14.14.png

Usually I would merge this group then I can export a bunch of them from the same Photoshop file, however when I merge (or try to export) the group, the below happens:

Screenshot 2021-01-04 at 12.14.20.png
It seems to have overwritten my mask only affecting half the levels adjustment. I have a number of these folders within the same Photoshop file so merging these or bulk exporting is hugely beneficial. 

Any ideas on what could be causing this? 
I've recently updated to Photoshop 2021 and MacOS Big Sur if that's helpful to know.

Thanks,
Joshua
TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Masks Changing when Merging Group

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,
I'm experiencing an issue when merging a group of layers that contains a levels adjustment with a mask - details below:

Here's how the layer appears un-merged: (this is how I'd like to export the image)

Screenshot 2021-01-04 at 12.14.05.png
This is how the layers appear for the image above:

Screenshot 2021-01-04 at 12.14.14.png

Usually I would merge this group then I can export a bunch of them from the same Photoshop file, however when I merge (or try to export) the group, the below happens:

Screenshot 2021-01-04 at 12.14.20.png
It seems to have overwritten my mask only affecting half the levels adjustment. I have a number of these folders within the same Photoshop file so merging these or bulk exporting is hugely beneficial. 

Any ideas on what could be causing this? 
I've recently updated to Photoshop 2021 and MacOS Big Sur if that's helpful to know.

Thanks,
Joshua
TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 04, 2021 0

Have something to add?