• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Match color is grayed out in Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to photoshop. I have two images, one is a scanned image of my artwork and one is a photo of the same artwork, they are in the same file on separate layers. The scanned image colors are not right so I want to color match against the photo. I read the instructions on how to do this, but when I go to Image, then Adjustments, I can't select "color match" because it is grayed out. I don't know what I am doing wrong - any ideas? The file is RGB 8 bit. See my screen shot.

robinr055_0-1615055188134.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Match Colors works destructively (and is, in my opinion, therefore unfit for serious work) but the Layer you have selected appears to be a Linked Smart Object. 

You would need to rasterize it (or a copy). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2023 Jan 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks a lot. you save my day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2024 Jan 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Had this issue as well -- my file was in cmyk mode and therefore greyed out -- once switched to RGB mode for the file it became available to use. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines