• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

May 2021 updates slow Photoshop down, brushes now very laggy

Explorer ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can no longer accurately use the brush tools when refining masks in Select and Mask. Since the May updates of updates of PS 2021 (22.3.1), then PS 2020 (21.2.7) there is 3-4 second delay between applying a brush and seeing the results. Switching off High Quality previews makes no difference.

I’m now running PS CC 2019 (20.0.10), which – thank god – hasn’t been updated, and which is much snappier.

I’m using Catalina 10.15.7 on a 5k iMac 3.5GHz quad-core Intel i5 with 24GB of RAM. A little long in the tooth, but it’s never had any problems coping with Photoshop until these May updates.

Anyone have any suggestions (other than wait for the M1 28-inch iMac release...)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that Photoshop is freezing & running slow while using the brushes on your MacBook.

Would you mind deselecting the option "Use Graphics Processor" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance menu, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

Also, to get started, you may checkout the steps mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-slow-lags.html

If you're not insralled the latest version of Photoshop 22.4.1, please update to the version. See: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/uptodate.html 

Let us know the outcome.

Regards,
Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash

Thanks for your response

Short answer – no.

I unchecked the Graphics Processor option and ensured chaches were set to Web/UI Design. I resretred PS. There was some slight improvement in brush lag, but not enough to match the speed of PS 2019.

Jack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update. Would you mind checking the steps to optimize Photoshop as mentioned in this article https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I tried these tips. They make some improvement, but not as great an improvement as reverting to CC2019.

I assume PS 2021 is optimised to work on Apple’s new M1 chips, and I’m waiting for the release of the M1X 27-inch iMac (hopefully in grown-up colours) later this year.

In the meantime, while I understand that legacy users have to take a speed hit and revert to previous version of PS, it’s a shame Adobe don’t warn users of this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines