MENA: font keeps changing when I change the keyboard language

New Here ,
Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to type text in Hebrew in specific fonts.  These fonts were from a package I purchased and until recently worked with photoshop.  

I select the font I want, create a text box and the standard/default text appears in the font I selected

Hebrew goes from right to left.  In order to type in Hebrew, you need to use the Hebrew Language keyboard so I switch to that keyboard.  

But...

When I start typing the font changes to the default Hebrew font  provided by Adobe. 

If I select the text and try to change it to the font I want, it turns into those empty boxes. 

I have:

•Made sure that "Middle Eastern" was selected in the "type" menu

•Made sure that "right to left" was selected in the "type" menu

•Adjusted the text direction in the paragraph box

•Made sure Hebrew was selected in the language menu. 
As well as different  combination of all these things (not for any logical reason just desperate!) 

I even tried converting one of the fonts I'm trying to use from true type to open face (because the Adobe Hebrew fonts are open face) 

I just want to stress that THE FONTS WORKED BEFORE. And when the text box is created the fonts look perfect.  So I know that they are compatible with photoshop. 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

MENA: font keeps changing when I change the keyboard language

New Here ,
Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to type text in Hebrew in specific fonts.  These fonts were from a package I purchased and until recently worked with photoshop.  

I select the font I want, create a text box and the standard/default text appears in the font I selected

Hebrew goes from right to left.  In order to type in Hebrew, you need to use the Hebrew Language keyboard so I switch to that keyboard.  

But...

When I start typing the font changes to the default Hebrew font  provided by Adobe. 

If I select the text and try to change it to the font I want, it turns into those empty boxes. 

I have:

•Made sure that "Middle Eastern" was selected in the "type" menu

•Made sure that "right to left" was selected in the "type" menu

•Adjusted the text direction in the paragraph box

•Made sure Hebrew was selected in the language menu. 
As well as different  combination of all these things (not for any logical reason just desperate!) 

I even tried converting one of the fonts I'm trying to use from true type to open face (because the Adobe Hebrew fonts are open face) 

I just want to stress that THE FONTS WORKED BEFORE. And when the text box is created the fonts look perfect.  So I know that they are compatible with photoshop. 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also tried:

Unchecking "enable missing glyph protection" 

making sure Microsoft and photoshop are up to date

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 24, 2020 0