Exit

Menu key usage in PS for Windows?

Engaged ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thinking of this key:
127127-20200220204532221-338813091

I'm wondering if the Menu key has any usage in PS and if not - why? It's potentially wasted key for some of ever-needed PS keyboard shortcuts.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a lot of non-standard keys on any keyboard. I don't have that one, but several others that I have no need for.

Basic keyboard layout is region/language specific, but Photoshop keyboard shortcuts are based on the English keyboard layout. As a Norwegian, buying my keyboards here in Norway, that means several standard shortcuts are inaccessible because the keys don't exist.

Luckily most of them can be remapped to keys that I do have. The most urgent example is brush size up/down. There are no  [ and ] keys on a Norwegian keyboard, so I have to go into the Tools section of Keyboard Shortcuts and remap them. It took me a while to discover that even those shortcuts could be remapped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh man, it must be hard for you at first, but glad you sort it all good!

I got you, but I was wondering about using the most common, original US-Intl layout out there. And all of those keyboards have Menu button as standard. It's as standard as having the Win key in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have that key either.

~ Jane

jane-e_2-1616339323047.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Because you're on Mac, right? I precisely said PS for Windows. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines