• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merged layer is brighter and so is the stamp tool

Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything was great yesterday, this morning I start to update an image and when I create a  merged layer it is brighter. It does not matter what size I view in, it is still brighter. I deleted my photoshop preferences and tried again and I get the same results. Then I go to use my stamp tool and experience a simular thing. My stamp tool has a white glow around it.

Any help appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

boy I feel stupid. I thought I had checked everything but missed one thing. The file has a bunch of layers and the one I was working on was low on the list. Up top was a curves adjustment layer that was turned on. Duh.... All is good now. Thanks for your all of your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I am using photoshop 21.2.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked your blend mode for the tool? Is it set to lighten or screen?

If it is "Normal" try resetting the tool:

Screen Shot 2020-10-31 at 11.01.17 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if you press ctrl+1 to compare both at exactly 100%? Still different?

I ask because there seems to be quite a bit of noise, in which case viewing at 100% is critical.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MikeGondek_0-1604161788126.png

Try turning off Open GL, restart photoshop to make performance change take effect (atleast you used to have to do this, not seeing the message in 2021 version).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

boy I feel stupid. I thought I had checked everything but missed one thing. The file has a bunch of layers and the one I was working on was low on the list. Up top was a curves adjustment layer that was turned on. Duh.... All is good now. Thanks for your all of your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's OK, thanks for reporting back 🙂

Sometimes just asking can kickstart the brain... 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines