Highlighted

Message 'Could not synchronize the color settings because the file is locked...'

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started receiving this message last week 'Could not synchronize the color settings because the file is locked, you do not have necessary access permissions, or another program is using the file. Use the ‘Get Info’ command in the Finder to ensure the file is unlocked and you have permission to access the file. If the problem persists, save the document to a different file or duplicate it in the Finder'. I went onto the forum and found a post from 2018 with this issue. Anyway, I went into the Library/application support/adobe/color. Changed the permissions to 'read-write' for staff and everyone (who know why) and did the same for the two sub-folders /proofing and /settings. This worked for a few days and now the original message is back. I am running Photoshop CC 2019 version 20.0.10. It only happens when I go to launch Photoshop, so no files have been opened at that point. I was about to update to version 21.2 but am not sure what to do now. Is anyone able to help me please.

Topics

Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Message 'Could not synchronize the color settings because the file is locked...'

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started receiving this message last week 'Could not synchronize the color settings because the file is locked, you do not have necessary access permissions, or another program is using the file. Use the ‘Get Info’ command in the Finder to ensure the file is unlocked and you have permission to access the file. If the problem persists, save the document to a different file or duplicate it in the Finder'. I went onto the forum and found a post from 2018 with this issue. Anyway, I went into the Library/application support/adobe/color. Changed the permissions to 'read-write' for staff and everyone (who know why) and did the same for the two sub-folders /proofing and /settings. This worked for a few days and now the original message is back. I am running Photoshop CC 2019 version 20.0.10. It only happens when I go to launch Photoshop, so no files have been opened at that point. I was about to update to version 21.2 but am not sure what to do now. Is anyone able to help me please.

Topics

Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?