• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Meta data is not writing to my images.

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I open file info to add meta data to my images and write what I need to add.  I save the export the file so that I can add it to all the images from a photoshoot.  It was working fine until the last update from Adobe. When I try to add the meta data to the images I get an error message for each image which says, "There was a problem adding meta data to the file"  I can't add the data even though the meta file exists.  HELP!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you trying to add the metadata: Through the File Info in Photoshop, through Bridge, or through Lightroom? What type of file are you trying to add it to? Is is the same for all file types. What metadata fields are you trying to enter info into?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thru file info in Photoshop. Shooting information such as: model name, type of shoot, keywords, descriptions, copyright information. .xmp file extensions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I save all my files as tiffs for print & publication purposes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you get the same error if you enter that data through Bridge?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you reset your preferences? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a button in the preferences ctrl/cmd-k.

reset prefs.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this in PS and Bridge, then closed both and reopenned them.  I am still getting the same message in both PS and Bridge.  I am using a Dell PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only think I can think of is to try reinstalling both PS and Bridge. Perhaps one of the XMP library files got corrupted when the programs were installed the first time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To do that, do I need to uninstall the programs first?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I would, and I do that when I need to reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you using Export or export save for web to save you files. Check their dialog settings make sure you are  are not using their default settings to strip mete-data.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the images stored on a networked server or NAS? Or are you writing to local files on the same computer that is running Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I save them on 2 networked hard drives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So copy some files to your local drive, then apply metadata... Does it stick locally?

Repeat with the same exact files, but attempt to apply metadata over the network on the server... Does it stick?

When you copy the files with metadata applied on the local drive, it is visible on the networked volume? If you copy them back to the loca drive, is the metadata still sticky/applied?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I already tried this when I save the data to a single image or across a batch of images on the local drive or the network drives.  I can export the information to my hard drive but not to the images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines