• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Microsoft Surface Dial + 19.0.1 seems to be a step backwards...

Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unable to get dynamic brush control functioning, despite copying the instructions from the Adobe blog...furthermore updating to 19.0.1 has caused PS to crash 50% of the time when I start using the dial. Anyone else having these issues or know of a workaround? Had to step down to 19.0 in the mean time...any insight or help appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Hi rvt3,

This crash with the Surface Dial was fixed in Photoshop 19.1.2 (current release is 19.1.3). Make sure you're up to date with the latest Photoshop update and you should be good to go.

Photoshop 19.1.1: Using microsoft surface dial results in crash | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you report the craces to Adobe abd provide the you system crash reports at the feedback site under ptoblems?

Photoshop Family Customer Community

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJMack​ I filled out the crash form which presented itself after the crash, so I assume they have all the info related to it they could want. I haven't filed that here, just wondering if anyone else has had the issue issue or isolated it further. Unfortunately I've had it occur (albeit with less frequency) on 19.0 and reported that too. The more it happens the more I suspect it is due to the Dial falling asleep then waking up an reconnecting to PS. There is often times a big lag in this process, if you are not using the Dial for 10 or 15 minutes, it'll have a hard time reconnecting unless you depress its button repeatedly, or hold it down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi rvt3,

This crash with the Surface Dial was fixed in Photoshop 19.1.2 (current release is 19.1.3). Make sure you're up to date with the latest Photoshop update and you should be good to go.

Photoshop 19.1.1: Using microsoft surface dial results in crash | Photoshop Family Customer Communit...

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines