• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

migrate photoshop between windows 10 pc's

Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in trouble. My old PC (fully upgraded/updated Windows 10 and Photoshop/Creative Cloud) holds a vast amount of settings that I have accumulated over the years, without which the program takes me 5 times more time to operate. Adobe seems unaware of this (uncommon?) problem, only relevant to longtime registered users. I for one at least have not found any usable recipe for copying hunderds of settings, for PS and or its many add-ons.

EASEUS turns out to be the only supplier of a working solution (although they give no guarantee in PS' case) whereby an image from (PS files and settings on) the old PC can be effortlessly be transferred to a new one. It works! Unfortunately my logged in Creative Cloud account, although not making any point of registration etc., failed to let me UPDATE my PS.... Instead, all settings were overwritten, bye bye good work.

I sincerely hope someone has a solution for this, although it should of course be Adobe and Adobe alone who should take care of its most loyal customers who become more dependent on what they find out about this indesipensable graphics tool.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imagine pretty much every Photoshop user has custom settings from Preferences, Actions, brushes, workspaces, Toolbars, tool presets, patterns, etc.   You can find the file locations for those items here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/preference-file-names-locations-photoshop.html

Things like CC Libraries are saved to the Cloud.

I do accept that it is a pain in the backside.  Resetting Preferences fixes all sorts of issues, but I for one hate to suggest untill all else has failed because of the added agravation you are acording the person with the issue.  This is all the more agravating if they reset Preferences and still have the issue.  So there is no easy fix, which is annoying, and you'd think it would be an obvious feature to have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please ignore. I hit return but instead of getting a second line it posted the message. Sorry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fully agree. I recently discovered that the favorite fonts list is also empty when I trashed my preferences. Very annoying...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently set up a dual boot of Windows 7 and 10 because not yet ready to begin my life sentence on W10. I copied the entire folder from Windows 7  C:\Users\Yourname\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019 Settings to the same place in Windows 10 and all my settings copied over with no issues. Even the extension panels popped up at first but brainiac that I am forgot to install them first so they quickly disappeared 😄

Not sure if that helps any?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank You all very much for this quick reaction. It seems we have all been working more or less (automated) along the same lines.

There are things here, I need more time for to try, but since ......

- everything was fine for a week or so after the EASUS-migration, and

- the only real problem I had (so far) was that the Cloud App residing in my windows taskbar dit NOT recognize the transferred install and simple started overwriting all my hard earned "savings"

..... wouldn't it be best to repeat the migration (including such hard core stuff as custom made, seperate action panels for luminosity masks) and edit/delete/reset the "trigger" that the Adobe app needs to pick things up where they where it left off on the old PC. After all, I have never heard of an update doing any unwanted overwriting of customizations.

In short: does anyone know how to help the app's memory...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines