• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Migrating Photos from Photoshop 2019 to 2020

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there I have photos on 2019 Photoshop on Mac and I wish to migrate them to Photoshop 2020 where I also have photos any suggestions on how to do this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no migration needed. All your photos are editable in any recent version of Photoshop, including the current 2021 release, which is Version 22.3.1.

1. Are you perhaps looking at your "Recent files" shown in the Home screen? This could be different between two different installs of Photoshop, if you've edited different photos recently in each. Instead of the "Home" screen default view, look on the left side and navigate to "Cloud Documents" which will show you all the files/photos you've synced to the cloud (.PSDC files).
  2. If you are looking for locally stored photos, just use the "Open" button and browse to your files, wherever they are located on your system (.PSD files).

2021-05-12_13-48-16.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Michael That worked . Appreciate the visual made it very clear.

All best 

George

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding to what Michael said, I always consolidate my documents and files. That means that no matter which version of Photoshop I'm using, composites go in the "Composites" folder in the drive of my choosing. That way, there's no confusion as to what is where.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's Helpful W.U. Appreciate you taking the time 

Many thanks.

George

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines