Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Minimal brush panel

Participant ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to edit the brush panel to only show your brush folder and the brushes in the folder? What I'm looking for is -

- Having the brush panel at the bottom of the workspace

- Make the brush panel a horizontal scroll, not vertical

- Remove the "brush" tab and size option (as per image)

brush.JPG

- Make the brush panel shorter (in the image above, this is the shortest/lowest it can be reduced to).

I've seen a panel somewhere online, but I've no idea how to replicate it. Any suggestions would very much be welcomed!

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could start by selecting all of the groups and deleting them.  This only removes them from main panel space — they can be apprended back to the panel at any time.

image.png

Then turn off everything other than show brush tip (note I have reloaded the default brushes for the sake of demonstration)

image.png

Drag your required presets outside of a group, and delete all of the groups.  As you said, this is the minimum height of the brush panel.

image.png

...and the right click brush panel is even taller

image.png

Try emailing Derrick Barth and asking him if his Brushbox panel will work better for you.  It's only $15 (I think and has some cool features.

BrushBox - A better brush manager for Adobe Photoshop (gumroad.com)

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for the reply and suggestions. However, asides from moving my brushes out of its own group (there's only 1 group), those suggestions pretty much have me exactly where I was when I started this thread.

I didn't know about Derrick Barth's brush panel, and will definitely email him!

Cheers,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines