• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing anti-alias on options bar

Explorer ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, Help! I use Photoshop on a PC. I am working in Photoshop 2020. I have someone who I'm helping who is using Photoshop on a Mac. For Textile design I suggested unchecking Anti-alias on the options bar, however Anti-alias is missing from her options bar. Please see the attached image (Note: I adjusted the desktop to look similar to the CS versions of photoshop). Can someone please help. PS. The attached image is the screenshot she sent me. I would normally check it out on a freinds mac but am quarentined due to covid-19.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Photoshop > Preferences > Workspace > Enable Narrow Options Bar (and restart Photoshop)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop > Preferences > Workspace > Enable Narrow Options Bar (and restart Photoshop)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOIU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sending you love & appreciation from NY!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows 10 Ps 21.1.2 the lasso tool option bar looks like this:

image.png

Please post a screen capture. You Phone image looks like this posted. Can not make out the garbage before select and mask

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JJ, I agree but the image was sent to me by the person having the problem, however it was solved by

C pfaffenbichler see above However thanks for your time & concern, it's appreciated. Take care, Frederick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anti-Aliasing.jpg

To call something smoothing vs. anti-aliasing is a bit too dumb-down!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS and Photoshop versions are you using.  This is what I see on Windows 10 with PS 2021 version 22.2.

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the latest Windows 10 20H2 and the latest Photoshop 22.2.0

I have two laptops and both have the latest options as listed above.
Funny though! -- the laptop I was using for this post, a Samsung, has the icons above -- here's an example for the magic wand tool:

magic wand.jpg

but my other laptop an Asus has the old text checkbox for anti-aliasing.

magic wand 2.jpg

Why one computer has these icons and one had text checkboxes I do not know. Perhaps Adobe is testing features on random users?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are now showing part of a different tool's option, Check the Both machine Photoshop Preferences Workspace Preference for your Tool opinion bar are set the same.

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

»Why one computer has these icons and one had text checkboxes I do not know.«

What is the Photoshop > Preferences > Workspace > Enable Narrow Options Bar setting. 

And please include the relevant elements in screenshots, in this case at least the Toolbar. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines